Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm considering selling up what's it really worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm considering selling up what's it really worth?

Evening all

thinking for a while now about selling my coupe? Had it off the road for a few years so got used to not having it if you know what I mean? And looking around at other cars I think I might go for a change?

Mine has had a complete engine rebuild new Pistons, shells, arp rod bolts the lot, 80k miles on the clock, paint work is mint, wheels mint, serviced extremely meticulously (I am a qualified car mechanic) billstien b8 sprint shocks probably 5k mile on them, pro speed exhaust, gruppe m air box. Interior is in very good condition, pilot sport PS3 tyres, ACS short shift, handbrake and flippers.The car wants for nothing.

What would we say I can realistically get for this?

Thanks Ash
    Last edited by Ashley; 26-02-2016, 10:08 PM.

Short what?
    I think you mean short shiFt.
    I hope so anyway
    Last edited by itsgot4pipesdaddy; 26-02-2016, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Whoops! Thanks for spotting now edited.

Comment

Ashley
        Hope you are well

I've seen this car and it's very clean
        Price is hard to tell these day
        £20k plus I would say
        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Thanks! yes I'm good thanks hope your good too.

Haven't had much use from the car and as these are fetching good money I'm not sure weather to sell up and get something like a 911 that I could never have dreamed of owning. I couldn't afford one before but the coupes are fetching a good money it's now a possibility??

My friend has a 911 997 turbo as its a beautiful motor and looks lovely! I'm thinking of either a 996 turbo or a 997 c4s?

Having the cills done in the next couple of weeks so got some time to consider my options? And hopefully don't live to regret it which ever way I go??

Ash

Comment

996 Turbo is a superb bit of engineering but the prices have started to rocket up. I think it's still a good time to buy one but don't leave it too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post

Haven't had much use from the car and as these are fetching good money I'm not sure weather to sell up and get something like a 911 that I could never have dreamed of owning. I couldn't afford one before but the coupes are fetching a good money it's now a possibility??

My friend has a 911 997 turbo as its a beautiful motor and looks lovely! I'm thinking of either a 996 turbo or a 997 c4s?

Having the cills done in the next couple of weeks so got some time to consider my options? And hopefully don't live to regret it which ever way I go??

Ash
              Knights Garage have both the 996 Turbo and 997 C4S for sale, plus, would pay you well for your Coupe..

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Hi Knights g I've sent you a pm

Comment

Ash
                  Make sure it's a gen 2 997 c4s but they fetch much stronger money than the gen 1's. You'll have to put money in to get into either the 996 turbo or c4s gen 2 even with £20k plus for the coupe. Personally I would stay away from none turbo 996/997 gen 1's. You'll get plenty say the engine problems are exaggerated but there is another blown this week on the forum and its living with the thought it could happen that kills the dream ;-)
                  VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Yeah after looking more and more the 996's are probably too expensive for me. I've been doing loads of research on the gen 1's had a chat with the guys at Hartech yesterday regarding the engine issue. They would still recommend a gen 1 but have a couple of mods done including a lower temp thermostat. If I do go for a gen 1 I will certainly be getting a full inspection on the engine. I will see what I get for mine before making a decision what I go for.

I'm totally aware of all the costs invoked and the risks but something is still telling me to go for it.

Ash

Comment

Hi all

I have decided to test the market and my car will soon be up for sale. The car is going into the body shop this week for new sills. Will then be getting it prepped for sale after.

I will be happy to keep the car if I am totally honest so if it doesn't sell it won't be a problem.

Ash

Comment

Knights Garage offer a bit too low or nothing there that took your fancy?

Comment

Yeah after looking more and more the 996's are probably too expensive for me. I've been doing loads of research on the gen 1's had a chat with the guys at Hartech yesterday regarding the engine issue. They would still recommend a gen 1 but have a couple of mods done including a lower temp thermostat. If I do go for a gen 1 I will certainly be getting a full inspection on the engine. I will see what I get for mine before making a decision what I go for.

I'm totally aware of all the costs invoked and the risks but something is still telling me to go for it.

Ash

No I haven't had an offer or discussed a sale with Knights as they don't quite have the car I'm after. But to be fair they have been great and given me some really good advice which I am really thankful for.

I would really like a 911 with an aero kit and there are not too many about. But unless I sell my car I'm not a buyer anyway yet?

Comment

I see, good to hear.
                            Aero kits, not at all my cup of tea, but each to their own.

If it were me there's only one naturally aspirated 997 I'd go for, Gen 2 GTS.

Soon.

With Porsche engines going blown, and the Gen 1 991 receiving some not overly enthralling reviews for it's unconnected steering feeling, I'd hedge my bets on the above long term.
                            Last edited by guido; 08-03-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

That is beautiful! think I may have to get saving for one of those!

Comment

Working...
                              X