No announcement yet.

New owner/member here to say hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also.... What are people's opinions on colour coding door handles and roof spoiler? I'm all for the idea, but I do also want to keep
    The car as original as possible too!!

Comment

Keep it as standard as possible

Comment

Welcome

Nice n shiny ... not sure about the colour though
        I missed the cost of purchasing this icon of motoring excellence ... if you are prepared to divulge.

Comment

Spoiler etc

Just to note, it seems the spoiler is body coloured in some markets - mine is from Czech Republic and had the roof spoiler body coordinated from new (but not the handles)

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie View Post
            Just to note, it seems the spoiler is body coloured in some markets
            That is incorrect. All cars apart from ones with an ACS spoiler were only ever supplied with the black plastic spoiler. It could have been however that a customer requested this to be painted just before taking delivery.

Comment

How would one remove the spoiler for painting?
              Assume it's bolted from below or similar?

Comment

Yes it's quite easy to remove, bolt from under the bootlid. Just need to remove the window trim (wasn't actually that long ago I did mine, but it's pretty straight forward!).

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                  How would one remove the spoiler for painting?
                  Assume it's bolted from below or similar?

Just three bolts and some mastic I think, when you open the rear hatch you can see three black grommets on the top edge when removed you can access the bolts

Last edited by Dave P; 08-03-2017, 12:16 PM. Reason: added picture

Comment

I remember some kind of rubber washers around each bolt. I had a spot of rust around one hole which I took care of so good time to check that.

Grommets sounds right, I just remember removing some trim somewhere along the lines as the rear screen was coming out!

Comment

Working...
                    X