Rear wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper

Any idea of part number for small black plastic elbow on rear wiper arm, mines got a crack in it so the water just runs down the tailgate, BMW want to sell me a new arm for £47.50 ( no thanks).
    I know some of you have changed to vw wiper arms, how are you directing the water from the motor up the arm to the jet?????????

Help?????????

Thanks guys

Anybody help?????????

Comment

well at least thats one plus point for the hairdressing roadster owners, they dont have a rear wiper to go wrong

whilst the coupe owners are working out how to fix or repair, the roadster owners are feelin the wind through their hair!!! (and wishing they had a hard roof over their head at this time of the year )

oops, bit random!!! sorry. think of it as a free thread bump!!!

Click here to email me

Comment

What I did with mine, is insert a small length of the thin tube you get with a can of WD40 into the washer knuckle at the base of the wiper arm. It is a good tight fit but I also used a small amount of silicone sealer as well and it worked a treat.....simples
        Black S50

Comment

The small elbow has a crack in it, BMW don't sell it separate, any ideas where I can get one, don't want to pay £47.50 for a new wiper arm if I can help it?

Comment

Have you tried phoning a few of the breakers?
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Yes I tried that, because it's such a small part ( probably pennies) they can't be bothered

Comment

Has anyone removed the rear wiper that wants to sell this part, please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Jk911 View Post
                  Any idea of part number for small black plastic elbow on rear wiper arm, mines got a crack in it so the water just runs down the tailgate, BMW want to sell me a new arm for £47.50 ( no thanks).
                  I know some of you have changed to vw wiper arms, how are you directing the water from the motor up the arm to the jet?????????

Help?????????

Thanks guys

12 WIPER ARM COVER part number 61628357518 part 12? £4.50 inc vat
                  Last edited by Dave P; 11-11-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks dave but I don't think that's it, it's the small black plastic elbow that snaps over the actual wiper motor and directs fluid up the arm ( not shown in this picture) thanks for trying though

Comment

the wiper motor is the same as the E36 compact one and normally several on ebay cheap -
                      not sure if the part you need is fitted but worth a look.

Comment

Think it would be on the arm itself rather than the motor , but will check eBay, cheers dave

Comment

There is a small elbow/conector that pokes into the round part in the middle of the nut that secures the wiper on to which the small hose that runs up the wiper arm to the jets.it isnt a very tight fit..therefore i would try a repair on the old one first maybe a small piece of shrink wrap would surfice.?

Comment

Working...
                          X