• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights for sale (04/99<)

Saw these on roadster forum

https://zroadster.org/threads/genuin...adlights.6497/

Coupe headlights

How much are a set of new headlights Dave?? Mines are a bit milky, I've been meaning to do this for a while now.

Do you have the part numbers for them too?

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by J4mie View Post
      How much are a set of new headlights Dave?? Mines are a bit milky, I've been meaning to do this for a while now.

Do you have the part numbers for them too?

Thanks, Jamie
      New are about £500 each from BMW

Comment

I don't know why they are so expensive, there's nothing too fancy about them!

Comment

There are different types depending on year but the later ones are now £620 each from BMW

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuin...item2a5509aea4

Comment

Well there goes that idea. I don't suppose you know if they DIY headlight restoration methods are any good.

Imagine my reaction now if some little yob smashes my headlight with a football

Comment

Before i replaced mine,i had used a headlight restoration kit,contained two small bottles one a rather abrasive liquid the other a sealant,worked a treat ! try a small area using toothpaste,i know it sounds daft but readily available!

Comment

Mine had gone a bit cloudy too. I got a tube of Colgate toothpaste, a paper towel and a bottle of water. Then spent about 15 minutes rubbing the toothpaste into the headlights and the result was pretty impressive. They don't look new, as you can see age related marks from stones and what not on very close inspection, but they are pretty damn clear now. Seriously, for the cost of a tube of toothpaste, give it a go

Comment

Price doesn't make any sense as they made thousands of z3s, albeit slightly rarer with clear indicators.

Cheaper way would be to find some low mileage z3 ones a swap the front lens covers over.

Comment

im sure someone had produced a clear lens cover for the Zed lads on the roadster forum a while ago
                    S50 Roadster....

Comment

Originally posted by J4mie View Post
                      Well there goes that idea. I don't suppose you know if they DIY headlight restoration methods are any good.

Imagine my reaction now if some little yob smashes my headlight with a football
                      I think you can get good results with the restoration kits like Meguiars

Comment

more info here,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...+polishing+kit

Comment

Problem with the polishing kits is it won't last long, the original headlight has a very hard u/v lacquer, that once polished through, will leave plastic susceptible to fading quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                            Problem with the polishing kits is it won't last long, the original headlight has a very hard u/v lacquer, that once polished through, will leave plastic susceptible to fading quickly.
                            The newer kits come with a UV protector to apply so may solve this problem,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-M...item2c652e9f76

Comment

Working...
                            X