V8 Coupe for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
    Your right Dave just tried quick search and its listed, I am not going to carry out full check as he wants to meet in a car park.
    Nowt wrong with meeting in a car park
    Safer for both for your 1st meeting
    That way a stranger ( you ) can't case his joint and return later

He can't have his mates sitting there and take your cash off you
    Obviously after your both comfortable go to his house and do the deal and prove he lives there
    I always meet people somewhere neutral 1st
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
      Be interesting to know what it went for this time, hopefully the buyer will let us know on here. The Reg No alone must be worth a few quid?
      Also be interesting to know what ASM eventually let it go for, presumably not the £39,995 they were asking for it back in 2011/12.
      Is it ASM Automotive near Redditch the place where this car originated from?
      It was up for £29995 for a while on ebay.

This was the original owner I think

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7014

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
        Nowt wrong with meeting in a car park
        Safer for both for your 1st meeting
        That way a stranger ( you ) can't case his joint and return later

He can't have his mates sitting there and take your cash off you
        Obviously after your both comfortable go to his house and do the deal and prove he lives there
        I always meet people somewhere neutral 1st
        Yes that's the way to do it. With a car my son sold in January the deal was done in about 30 minutes including test drive in a car park at Wynyard Services including electronic transfer of money into my son's account. Just make sure you have someone with you for a bit of security.
        Last edited by petecossie; 28-03-2016, 07:12 PM. Reason: typo
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Bloody cheap car that, someone's got a bargain. I rang yesterday and it was sold.
          Wouldnt have bothered me meeting in a car park, must be kicking himself now....
          2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
          2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
          07 Volvo V70 D5
          1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
          1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

No such thing as a cheap car...

Who knows what's happened since their purchase and now 'cut their losses' sale.

If it all stacks up then I think the buyer has got a good deal.

I would be very interested to know how the boot floor was reinforced.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

V80 oup

Hope it all stacks up for the buyer, car park it is next time,thanks for advice all

Comment

Paul

good tip also is when you check over the documents do an hpi im sure most of us do this
                Also do an mot check this gives you a list of last mileages

I also do an electoral roll check, to see if guy or at least his family are at that address

Ive just sold my range rover and the guy did an electronic transfer on his

phone I checked mine and money was there

I checked bank once an electronic transfer is in it cant be taken back
                [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

v80 OUP

Thanks will do.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
                    I would be very interested to know how the boot floor was reinforced.

Not a big problem really if it hadn't - the rear end is so simple structurally it can be DIY'd, especially not a dealer-breaker anyway.

If it was black that'd be the perfect coupe for me 400bhp/400lb/ft would be a very strong increase in power without be ludicrous - still nice in silver of course!
                    Last edited by c_w; 29-03-2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

If this is the Redditch car I've seen the conversion and it isn't the nicest. At £15K I wouldn't call it a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                        If this is the Redditch car I've seen the conversion and it isn't the nicest. At £15K I wouldn't call it a bargain.
                        This is what would put me off (and probably many others); whilst it would be great to have such a conversion, I would be concerned how well it had been done......or not
                        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

At £15k, assuming it runs fine as it's been in the car several years now, it's still well worth it even if you need to snag it.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                            At £15k, assuming it runs fine as it's been in the car several years now, it's still well worth it even if you need to snag it.
                            Totally agree....
                            2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
                            2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
                            07 Volvo V70 D5
                            1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
                            1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                              It might be worth it to some, but a bargain it's not. If angle iron is your thing, fill your boots........ it's your money ;)

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                                It might be worth it to some, but a bargain it's not. If angle iron is your thing, fill your boots........ it's your money ;)
                                Er, E39 M5 engine is alloy block and heads, and with current prices it's going to be worth a premium because it's a BMW engine, and a great one too, with a BMW gearbox etc. Especially as it's the 400bhp M5 engine (as opposed to a lower end BMW V8) that with 6 speed is a very nice setup to have and retains some level of authenticity keeping it all BMW, so even if it needs a few k throwing at it to make at perfect it's a "bargain" considering the cost of doing it yourself. Unless it's been done really badly and it's hanging out and the dash doesn't work etc. But for me the 5.0 M5 V8 6 speed would be a proper weapon that is useable and retains M character.
                                Last edited by c_w; 02-04-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X