Rear wiper tubing leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper tubing leak

I've just located the reason my wiper water resevoir keeps emptying immediately. Here's the bugger that's siphoning it, but does anyone know where it reconnects? :(

Hmmm, after stripping the driver's footwell out and following the tubing, I think I've found it tucked away at the back/top of the engine bay..I can just about feel the connecting tube back there..but there's no way I can fasten it back on without stripping everything out. Wonderful.

Comment

common fault, happened to me also but it was fixed under warranty. there are some threads on here somewhere!

Comment

Cheers, Dave.

Found it:

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...+tubing&page=2

Man alive, I think I'll leave it and try to disconnect the whole rear tube from the reservoir. The rear wiper only works when it wants to anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by wefail View Post
          Man alive, I think I'll leave it and try to disconnect the whole rear tube from the reservoir. The rear wiper only works when it wants to anyway.
          NO! Don't give in. Persevere and get it all working how it should. May take a good few hours of fiddling and swearing, but it'll all be so satisfying once it's done.

Unless you keep on top of the little little things, in 5 years time or when you come to sell, there will be a list of things that don't work and little niggles that need to be sorted... You don't want that, and the car desrves more!!!

Guilt trip over

Now man up and get on with it!

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Well, I've tried blindly snapping it back onto the nozzle behind the brake master cylinder for another half hour and I can now no longer feel my fingers. F$%%ing thing. Took the interior pedal bay cover out and tried getting at it from inside. No go.

Without doubt one of the stupidest design FUBARS I've come across. Definitely a last minute RHD conversion botch up. The tubing would have been better having no elbow joints on the engine bay side.

I'll take it in tomorrow and try and get it sorted. Long trip on the M62 this Saturday and with all the grit about I could do with the wiper reservoir not siphoning out.

Comment

There's a rear wiper reservoir? I wondered why mine stopped working soon after I bought my car...

Now where might that be found?
              '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

No, it's connected to the main reservoir, you'll no doubt have a problem with the tubing if it's not getting through to the back window.

Comment

I'm sure someone posted a easy fix or way of accessing the joint but I cant find the old post!

Comment

From what I could work out today, it's an absolute b4stard to get at! I dont have time to run it to the indie so tomorrow I'll pin the loose rear wash tubing up above the reservoir so it cant siphon. Just have to remember NOT to squirt the rear window.

Comment

From what I remember, I managed to get this back on by using a coat hanger to push the pipe coming out of the bulkhead downwards slightly. This made it just possible to align the right angle connector on the end of the pipe then as you release the pressure on the coat hanger it sort of pops into place. I think I unbolted a few bits of electrics to give a bit more arm room, but nothing more.

Paul

Comment

Ahh, thanks for that. I'll have another look at it this week, for now I've coiled to tubing up above the reservoir so it cant siphon. I really need to get it fixed though.

Comment

Working...
                        X