Strange clock issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange clock issue...

Since my battery died and I replaced it this week, the OEM VDO analogue clock doesn't seem to be working. The light works, but the hands don't move.

Interestingly, if I press the adjuster and twist it about 180 degrees, the hands start to cycle rapidly, and continue until I press the adjuster button again. I have never noticed this before - is it a "feature" to allow quick adjustment?

Clearly the clock has power, but for some reason has given up...
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Pulled the clock out at the weekend to see if I could manage to fix it or if it would be possible to replace the internals with those from another VDO clock (new ones cost around £260)!

For anyone trying, the easiest way to get it out is to remove the two screws from the side panel in the driver's footwell, and reach in behind the console. The clock is held in with a retaining sheath that just unscrews.

Once out, it is pretty tricky to get apart. You can get a small screwdriver under the chrome ring and "uncrimp" it if you are careful, to tease it off without damage.

Once inside, the internals are similar to other VDO clocks - I am pretty sure you could replace the internals and keep the original bezel/face.

As it happens, when I put mine back together and reconnected it, it started working again. No idea what I did to fix it??

'99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

pictures have disappeared?

Comment

Strange - still there for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
          Strange - still there for me?
          Something odd going on as I can see them on my phone but not on PC ?

Comment

Working...
          X