mine had it but retro fit looks very do-able,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...cruise+control

Comment

• Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
      Plug and play ?
      Want to hunt down parts together ?
      Lets take this to pm if you do

Comment

• I've been gathering the bits together over the last few months and I'm just about there. Just need some time to install.

1. Cruise control actuator nr 65718369027 - fit from E39, E38 NOT FIT from E36 - Quarry Motors £20
        2. Cruise control switch nr 61318360926 - fit from E36, E31 i Z3 - the best with 6 pin terminal - Quarry Motors £20
        3. Control unit cruise control nr 65711387625 - fit from E31, E32, E34, E36 i Z3 - silver metal, NOT black plastic (bmwmini – new price £346).
        FAB Motors £40 (Same part number as for 840i)
        4. Clutch switch nr 61318360421 - OEM it is very expensive, so putting the substitute forward for example EPS nr 7.1110 cheaper ten times – EBay £8
        5. Bowden cable for cruise control nr 65712228746 (bmwmini) £19.32 (inc VAT) - New part.
        6. Bearing accelerator Bowden cable nr 13541747519 (bmwmini) £0.41 (inc VAT) - New part

Based on a list/write up from Wania (Which Dave has included the link for in his post). The parts are out there at various breakers etc it's just finding them.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

• Update,

new side lights and rear number plate light assembly fitted

Last edited by Dave P; 06-09-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Bonnet insulation replaced with later type and under bonnet hardware replaced. Paintwork cleaned/polished/waxed (looks a bit like LSB?)

some of the round stickers "foils" replaced with new cut down version as 20mm size no longer available

Last edited by Dave P; 06-09-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              Update,

new side lights and rear number plate light assembly fitted]
              Does the rear one just pop out? How much is a new light?
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                Does the rear one just pop out? How much is a new light?
                yes just unclips, £7.05 inc bulb and holder (£6.35 with BMW CC discount)

Comment

Update,

new side lights and rear number plate light assembly fitted
                  They'll make a huge difference. Good choice
                  Can,

'87 M3
                  '95 M3 GT
                  '00 M Coupé
                  '04 M3 CSL

Comment

yes just unclips, £7.05 inc bulb and holder (£6.35 with BMW CC discount)

Cheers Dave. Do you have to squeeze or pull in any particular direction...so to speak?!
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                      Cheers Dave. Do you have to squeeze or pull in any particular direction...so to speak?!
                      It lifted up just using a little force but only my hands

Comment

• Dave under bonnet looks great! i need to replace the insulation too..what was the cost associated..inc new catches..????

Comment

• Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                          Dave under bonnet looks great! i need to replace the insulation too..what was the cost associated..inc new catches..????
                          The later bonnet insulation is a lot thinner than the original part but this means it doesn't catch on the accelerator mechanism but the engine noise is greater from outside.

You should be looking at around £100 to replace the insulation with new plastic fittings and the top bonnet latches.

Comment

The later bonnet insulation is a lot thinner than the original part but this means it doesn't catch on the accelerator mechanism but the engine noise is greater from outside.

You should be looking at around £100 to replace the insulation with new plastic fittings and the top bonnet latches.
                            Cheers Dave,thats where i thought it would be,shame its thinner tho,

Comment

• Hi Dave, I need to replace my bonnet insulation too. Where did you get yours from?

James

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesduncan View Post
                                Hi Dave, I need to replace my bonnet insulation too. Where did you get yours from?

James
                                new from dealer , also worth buying a few of the rivets

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...56&hg=51&fg=70

Comment

Working...
                                X