Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > Frequently Asked Questions
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2017, 04:05 PM

Default passenger door

cant open the passenger door could be something ive done. tried drivers door lock, key fob, door inside handle any ideas cheers
Old 09-11-2017, 02:20 PM

I think a few (me included) have had issues with the actuator. Had to have mine replaced a couple of years ago due to intermittent problems with the drivers not opening

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace
Old 09-11-2017, 03:26 PM

If neither the inner nor outside handle work and the key in the lock isn't doing anything then it could be that the operating rod has become dislodged from its locator or indeed as FT said the actuator's packed up. Either way, it's time to start removing the door card (which is going to be tricky with the door closed). Probably worth starting at the actual interior handle and if you're lucky and that's where it's disconnected then a good grip with some pliers and some leverage could work. Otherwise it's going to be a bit of a chinese puzzle / contortion & dexterity challenge, I fear. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:48 PM

Default passenger door

cheers lads . looks like the wifes walking unless she wants to give it a daisy duke.
Old 16-11-2017, 08:29 AM

so glad OP said Daisy Duke as that is what I'm thinking....magnum PI, Dukes of Hazzard, Smokey & the Bandit etc etc, they all managed with windows only. ha.
I blame air conditioning for all these closed windows and use of doors. Not at all helping with your problem of course.