• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the reserve was well into the thirties

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      I wonder if the reserve was well into the thirties
      i would say so myself, i would think 33k or so. There also a 6% buyers fee on top of the price

Comment

It's a bit of a shame that this car appears to have just been photographed in lay-by in my humble opinion, and I do wonder if it might have done a little better in the auctions with a little more thought in to 'setting the scene'
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Bargain

Maybe too many bargain hunters, there are quite a few coupes for sale, at perhaps market value on the usual sites. In my mind auctions should be cheaper than buying through more normal means. I’m glad the owner didn’t let I it go for a stupid low price as this should be mid 30’s in my mind.

In terms of values for coupes, I think other s50 models seem to have caught up, the e36 m3’s are almost similarly priced as to is the cab Z3m. The e46 M3 might be next, but in my mind the coupe is the most interesting. I carnt help but feel the low production numbers of the coupe will push these up in value in the future.

I bought mine as it’s the only car I’ve ever really wanted and it still is, they are awesome cars, but perhaps there is too much emphasis on the business of making money from them. Ironically I might make more money from my daily than I do from my coupe. Grabbed a bargain e46 330i manual touring, black on black with 72k on 7-8 years ago for 2k. Reckon it’s worth 3-4K now according to what I see on eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by the badger View Post
            Maybe too many bargain hunters, there are quite a few coupes for sale, at perhaps market value on the usual sites. In my mind auctions should be cheaper than buying through more normal means. I’m glad the owner didn’t let I it go for a stupid low price as this should be mid 30’s in my mind.

In terms of values for coupes, I think other s50 models seem to have caught up, the e36 m3’s are almost similarly priced as to is the cab Z3m. The e46 M3 might be next, but in my mind the coupe is the most interesting. I carnt help but feel the low production numbers of the coupe will push these up in value in the future.

I bought mine as it’s the only car I’ve ever really wanted and it still is, they are awesome cars, but perhaps there is too much emphasis on the business of making money from them. Ironically I might make more money from my daily than I do from my coupe. Grabbed a bargain e46 330i manual touring, black on black with 72k on 7-8 years ago for 2k. Reckon it’s worth 3-4K now according to what I see on eBay!
            I agree with everything all of that, and your 330i manual touring is definitely worth a lot more than you paid for it all e46’s have gone up in value and hard to find a good one now too

Comment

Working...
            X