Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center console foam pad

Hi Guys,

crazy question - in my QP there ist some foam pad which after 15 years comes apart...

Does anyone now the part number ?

I think it is 51 16 2 251 915 but still no chance to get it.

Any ideas ?

Greats

Oliver
    Attached Files

No longer available from BMW , I am looking for alternatives but haven't found anything similar as yet.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_2340

Comment

Mh, i thought so myself.

Will use the original as template and try to make something of alcantara.

Are you interested, Dave ? Or somebody else ? Will call tomorrow the saddlery.

Comment

After having a run out today, just looked at my console tonight before putting the car in the garage. The foam pad in the console looks very similar to something we have around the house! We have some black foam cooking pan separators which have a finish which is practically the same if a little thinner.
        So start looking at kitchen utensil departments/stores you may find something that suits.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Will speak today with the saddlery. If its to expensiv i will have a look at the kitchen store

Comment

Update, the foam pad for the M console as said is NLA from BMW so I had a quick search for something similar and found one listed for a 8 series under part number 5168124367 unfortunately its a little shorter by about 10mm and slightly wider ,

Original foam pad with foam facing up -

Underside - looks better than the foam side????

M and 8 series next to each other

Both reversed

The pad looks better reversed in my opinion and the new 8 series part although the same material looks really bad
            Last edited by Dave P; 06-05-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Picture showing 8 series with pad fitted in reverse?

Comment

Funny you should ask that Dave but that's the way up mine has always been since I bought it 5 years ago. I would never have expected it should have been the other way up?
                Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
                Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

Comment

Originally posted by toftdan View Post
                  Funny you should ask that Dave but that's the way up mine has always been since I bought it 5 years ago. I would never have expected it should have been the other way up?
                  Which way - foam up or down?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                    Which way - foam up or down?
                    Foam down. Otherwise with it up it would only ever get damaged over time and be a really poor design.
                    I assumed it was foam down so that the pad wouldn't move around within the cubby, that being said there's nowhere for it to really move to!
                    Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
                    Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

Comment

Looks like mine's been upside down for years
                      Last edited by Dave P; 05-05-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Don't think I've ever removed mine, but the on mine the harder polka dots are face up.

Comment

As is the one in the picture at the top of the page!

Comment

Defo foam down
                            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

The 8 series part is just slightly smaller in length by aprox 5mm and 2mm wider so pretty close,

Comment

Working...
                              X