No announcement yet.

For sale; 2002 M Coupé with new S54 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break-in Miles Complete, it's ready to rock-and-roll!

Well, the break-in miles are complete, the Inspection II was completed on 08-NOV-2007, at which time the brakes were replaced (discs, pads, etc.) and the brake fluid and radiator fluids renewed.
    The car is now running sweetly for the first time in 4,500 miles, so it is time to let it go to someone else.

I have it listed on eBay (as at least one member has discovered), if you are interested.

I shall be sorry to see it go, but I am still trying to solo at the gliding club, so that is where my time and money are being spent. Instead, I have a beat-up E30 as a run-around, which is quite a different driving experience.
    SEP 2003: Bought 2002 Titanium Silver with Black Leather.
    OCT 2003: Adjustable interior Rear View Mirror.
    Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.
    AUG 2005: EXDOS Mod
    SEP 2006: Retrofit Cruise Control
    NOV 2007: SOLD

Comment

Ou of interest why did they do an Ins2 on a low miles engine ?

Comment

I wanted to be sure that everything on the car was checked and replaced as necessary, so I requested it: maybe overkill, but for my peace of mind that the car is as good as a main dealer can make it.
        Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.

Comment

Anyone looking for the best value MC......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Z3-M-Coupe...QQcmdZViewItem
          /// Exdos ///
          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

That does look like an extremely tidy original car and only 1.2k on a new S54 engine, cruise control as well...nice

Comment

I know the car well and can assure anyone that it has not been thrashed by its owner. The failure of the bearing shells is the fault of BMW and the new engine will have PROPER bearing shells which most of the S54s do not have.
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

If only my wife would agree to it - looks like i must finsih my DIY chores first. Gutting, as its the best M coupe ive ever seen for this price - surely it wont go for less than 18K!

Comment

Last chance before it goes!!!!

Last 15 minutes of the auction

Comment

Commiserations Martlet, that sets a new precedent with S54 MC pricing IMO....

I guess NOV, DEC and JAN are the worst months of the year to sell a car.
                    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
                    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

SOLD: For £17,200

The usual last minute flurry of bids bumped the price a bit

Comment

£17,200 hmmm thats a very good deal for the new owner. I had expected this to fetch at least 19K.
                        Ex 2001 S54
                        New cars:
                        Lotus Carlton
                        350Z

Comment

low price but just consider winter blues, xmas looming, inflation rate uncertainty, the 'credit crunch', housing market deflation...

...and still the Z3 MCoupe retains circa 50% of it's retail price after 5 years

Not bad !

Comment

17200 ... cripes.

Well I guess if the space was needed Mike...

Still, they arent a cheap toy.

Comment

Working...
                            X