No announcement yet.

New Journal: Rhubarb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the front wheel require a spacer now to clear the spring?

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
      Does the front wheel require a spacer now to clear the spring?
      Yeah I think I have 10 or 12mm. Need to adjust the height on the front at the weekend

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

• Going back in your build slightly, I notice you removed the rear wings. With all the spare time, I was considering doing the same while I'm working on the rest of the car. I'm guessing I'm going to have to dismantle most of the boot interior (not looking forward to that, having already done it a few years ago to install the Rogue top mounts).

Are there any other 'gotchas'? Presumably the side glass stays in place - I believe it's bonded? Is it a simple bolt out job? Thanks.
        2001 S54 Silver with Red/Black interior. Totally standard.

Comment

• Hi

The wings are 'simple' bolt on. I say simple because you need to remove the interior to access to top bolts, the sills to access the bottom bolt, the arch liners and you need to pull the seal around the window out which can split. The window stays in place

Comment

• Thanks. The sills are off, as are the arch liners. Just leaves the interior ....... Trying to decide if it's worth it.

Comment

• I put off stripping the rear interior for ages because I'd read what a pain it was. I know you've done it before, so you know what to expect, but personally I found the dread of having to doing worse than actually doing it I know it's time consuming, but it's pretty easy
              Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
              ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
              Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                I put off stripping the rear interior for ages because I'd read what a pain it was. I know you've done it before, so you know what to expect, but personally I found the dread of having to doing worse than actually doing it I know it's time consuming, but it's pretty easy
                I stripped down some of the the rear as needed to get to the back of the CD changer which meant taking out the Tonneau cover, and the plastics around the subwoofer, the divider between boot & cabin - was all pretty straightforward stuff.

I have seen on facebook that a lot of Roadster owners are using lockdown to take their entire interior & carpets out to dry them from leaks etc. and it looks a proper nasty job with wiring & connectors everywhere. Worse still if you do a dash-out job also as some have done.... maybe it looks worse than it is?
                ----------------
                David
                1999 M Coupe (S50)
                >>Read my journal here<<
                2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
                2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

• I'm prepared to do it all again. It wasn't a bad job, just fiddly and one I'd hoped I'd never have to do again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                    I put off stripping the rear interior for ages because I'd read what a pain it was. I know you've done it before, so you know what to expect, but personally I found the dread of having to doing worse than actually doing it I know it's time consuming, but it's pretty easy
                    Why do you think it took so long to fit the new suspension? I had them for 8 months!

Comment

• Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                      I stripped down some of the the rear as needed to get to the back of the CD changer which meant taking out the Tonneau cover, and the plastics around the subwoofer, the divider between boot & cabin - was all pretty straightforward stuff.

I have seen on facebook that a lot of Roadster owners are using lockdown to take their entire interior & carpets out to dry them from leaks etc. and it looks a proper nasty job with wiring & connectors everywhere. Worse still if you do a dash-out job also as some have done.... maybe it looks worse than it is?
                      Its not too bad once you get into it. Me an a friend did his in the evening to have new inner sills welded on!

Comment

• I can't believe it's been almost two years since the last update, but in fairness I've only done about 500 miles since then. Work has taken priority unfortuantely, and I often get my fun on motorbikes at the moment

Off the top of my head, things done since then:
                        • Wheels replaced with new PS4s
                        • Odds and sods on interior trim
                        • A new driver's side kick plate
                        • Replaced the throttle cable this morning
                        Took the car for a good drive up to Sytner today to get some parts for Stacey's coupe. How I've missed driving it!

Comment

Working...
                        X