No announcement yet.

My First Z3M Coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than some dirt, and some of the underseal wearing away, when it had perhaps not been as think as I thought I had added, it wasnt too bad on the O/S
    Attached Files
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

• This time I took no chances. por15 and 2 think coats of Waxoil.

Attached Files

Comment

• all finished off.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Then onto the N/S again same stroy, not as much mud but some rust creep.
          Attached Files

Comment

• So same deal, por15 and 2 coats of waxoil.
            Attached Files

Comment

• At the same time I took the time to touch up the underseal generally, and used 1 full tin in total, as well as a litre of cavity wax.
              Attached Files

Comment

• After havig the wheels on and off, I decided the tired wheel nuts needed to go.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Then all back together and cleaned, and yes I gave in and bought a snow foam kit...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• As the front B6s were pushed back to Jan, then Feb, then March and most recently April, I decided to fit my front H&R Springs, but found the front shock that I removed to be knackered, and the top mounts, and bumpstops were destroyed too, so I decided to go get some replacement BMW shocks, and new top mounts.

Attached Files

Comment

• I was going to replace the spring tops, and support, but they are a bit pricing, and just metal that you never really see, so I cleaned them up and painted them.

Attached Files

Comment

• Gotta love BMW parts, ordered and arrived in 2 days, thanks again to the team at Harry Fairbairns. I decided to give them a couple of coats of rust protection topcoat too, as why not.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Then onto the rebuild once my new dustcovers and bump stops arrived. As back on the car with new washers and top mounts. I decided to go our natural on the top mounts for now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• The O/S, was a bit more complicated as one of the bolts got stuck in the hub. Thanskfully I have a friend who has a milling machine, and he was able to drill our the snapped bolt, and clean up the threads with a tap. It still took 2 hours too do mind.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• And all completed on 30MM drop N&R springs and OE suspension. I'll add height info to my other suspesnceion post once it stops raining. I'm really happy wiht the results. The wheels really sit in the arches well.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good John

Comment

Working...
                                X