• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure both sides are heated Tony

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
      I am sure both sides are heated Tony
      Cheers Dave. I'll go wire hunting in the door at weekend then mate Not that I'm likely to ever need the heated functionality, but nice to have things as they should be.
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

This has been a great help but I do have one question - how the hell do you get the mirror to clip back onto the motor as per Keiths guide - "Step 5 - Refitting Mirrors, Point 7. Push mirror back onto clips (can be tricky, but persist)."?!?!

I have tried but just cant get them on and since its now very dark and getting cold im giving up for the night!

Any pointers VERY much appreciated!
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Just takes a bit of "not so gentle" persuasion, I pushed the bottom clips on, which you can do by holding it all still, mirror at an angle you can see behind, then its just a case of pushing the tops in, first time it does feel like it might break.

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
          This has been a great help but I do have one question - how the hell do you get the mirror to clip back onto the motor as per Keiths guide - "Step 5 - Refitting Mirrors, Point 7. Push mirror back onto clips (can be tricky, but persist)."?!?!

I have tried but just cant get them on and since its now very dark and getting cold im giving up for the night!

Any pointers VERY much appreciated!

Comment

After a bit of advice I sprayed some silicone spray onto the clips on the back of the mirror and on the motor. Slight bit of pressure and they clipped straight on!
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

*multiple bouts of swearing later*

Can't get this bloody mirror glass out of the holder!

Any tips? Don't wanna break it!

Comment

My only advice is be brave and go for it. However, with hindsight this is not the best advice as I broke mine.

Just in case you do, this fits perfectly: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Right-side...item4cf8c83b29

You can peel the heated element off the old one and glue onto the new one
                2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

Working...
                X