No announcement yet.

Estoril Blue 1999 Coupe Viewed Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me clarify my comment earlier. I am 95% sure this very same car was advertised as a cat -c car by the same dealer on gumtree.

Buyer please double check the chassis number and plate. Check for matching numbers off of your hpi.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Just did a search and looked at the reviews about exclusive autos.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe...dee260f09ca7c0

Some reviews there, that I would be concerned about.

Comment

If it was a cat car then that may be the last straw and make it a bit too much of a unless it was at the right price, ie single figures.

Comment

I haven't bought it yet. I believe it was a members car before, chopper and greeni both owned it at one stage.

Going through their old posts it sounds like the car was keyed at one stage and had a lot of paint following.

Beginning to sound too much of a "project" tbh.

I want a car that I can tinker with but enjoy straight away and this one would play havoc with my OCD until it was how I want it, meaning I'd just be staring at it in the garage until I finish the jobs and then no doubt miss the summer

Comment

Buy Ed's car then.

Sure he will furnish you with the adverts.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaughan1979 View Post
              I haven't bought it yet. I believe it was a members car before, chopper and greeni both owned it at one stage.

Going through their old posts it sounds like the car was keyed at one stage and had a lot of paint following.

Beginning to sound too much of a "project" tbh.

I want a car that I can tinker with but enjoy straight away and this one would play havoc with my OCD until it was how I want it, meaning I'd just be staring at it in the garage until I finish the jobs and then no doubt miss the summer
              Stay clear of it then.

Comment

Comment

There is no mention at all of this car needing work in the ad. It has been advertised for atleast half a year I'm sure. If the seller was honest in the ad and advised some work needing doing it would be different. Also it hasn't sold for ages- a desirable car wouldn't be on sale for that long.
                  With that much work I would pay £14k for it, that's if it isn't an accident repaired registered car. If it's a cat d/c ne ring that much work I wouldn't buy it unless it was less than half that price

Comment

Originally posted by Guywiththeclownshoe View Post
                    There is no mention at all of this car needing work in the ad. It has been advertised for atleast half a year I'm sure. If the seller was honest in the ad and advised some work needing doing it would be different. Also it hasn't sold for ages- a desirable car wouldn't be on sale for that long.
                    With that much work I would pay £14k for it, that's if it isn't an accident repaired registered car. If it's a cat d/c ne ring that much work I wouldn't buy it unless it was less than half that price
                    You reckon it's worth £7k?

Comment

After reading this thread I contacted the dealer a few weeks ago. When asked they did give a detailed description that echoed some points made on this post, regarding price they suggested they may come down a couple of hundred but that would be it, so I have no idea where the figure of £14k has come from.

The advert then disappeared last week, I contacted them again & they confirmed it had now sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                        You reckon it's worth £7k?

No what I meant was that if the car is on the accident register and needs £4-6k spent on it then I'd probably pay less than half of £20k. This would then mean that it's a sorted cat c/d with 136k miles for around £15k when the work is done.

Comment

Sorry to bump an old post but I wonder who bought this? I’m looking a similar car that needs a little work!

Comment

Working...
                          X