outside temperature sensor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outside temperature sensor...

Chaps,having spent time on the rear end of my car decided to check/replace the outside sensor,after following the wiring it was found on a bracket in the rear end of the sill!!! i have read roadsters have it in the front bumper coupe's have it in the wheel arch but never read about it being in the rear end of the sill...the bracket it was pushed into seems original!

strange place for it! sits inside rear wing below fuel intake, (right side)

Last edited by Dave P; 23-03-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Thats exactly it!!! on a roadster tho...just seemed odd..when i had my car's Vanos done Steve checked the numbers on the inner wing and commented on it being a very early car,whether thats the reason for it..not sure,not really bothered but interesting,and it may save someone some time searching for it! cheers Mr P.

Comment

Kwoffa,

That is the same position as mine, Sept 98, I assumed it was the same on all.

How much did the sensor cost you? Where did you get it? Mine works intermittently at the moment.

Thanks, Matthew
        S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

I think its the same position for the "M" but normal z3's have it located at front of car - £136 new from dealers for the "M" part

Comment

No matter how i squint or look at the screen I can't work out where it would be from that pic!
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
              No matter how i squint or look at the screen I can't work out where it would be from that pic!
              in here,

Comment

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewt...de+temperature

Comment

Ah I see!
                  2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Its alright no copyright on the pics :cornut

on a non ///M Z3 the part is c£35 and easy to get to. On an ///M is £125+ and a PITA to get at. Does the same job and the temp dial is not exactly the most accurate of devices in the first place. Logic in BMW putting it somewhere totally stupid and charging 5 times the price, you figure it out because I can't

Its the same place on all ///M's irrespective of year (the pics are of a 2000 car).
                    VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Sorry for starting an old thread but my temp sensor failed today and was wondering if anyone has tried using a sensor from a different/newer bmw model?

As far as I am aware they all do the same job just might have a different shape electrical attachment clip, real oem list the z3m coupe ones at over £200 but the ones for the E39 are available on eBay for £3.

See item number 221249469421

Or does anyone haves working one for sale?
                      Thanks,
                      Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by Imolacoupe22 View Post
                        Sorry for starting an old thread but my temp sensor failed today and was wondering if anyone has tried using a sensor from a different/newer bmw model?

As far as I am aware they all do the same job just might have a different shape electrical attachment clip, real oem list the z3m coupe ones at over £200 but the ones for the E39 are available on eBay for £3.

See item number 221249469421

Or does anyone haves working one for sale?
                        Thanks,
                        Ben.

May be worth trying a E39 sender if you don't want to spend a lot on a used or new item. Looks like you cant even buy the connector from the e39 unit

http://haferman.org/bmw/

Comment

Working...
                        X