ATE brake discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATE brake discs

Did we determine that the ATE brake discs are the same as the OEM items, but without the M logo?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/B...f48d0aa&000027

With David having mentioned the ECP 50% off promo at the moment, I'll bag new fronts if they are the same
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

The are what I put on the last one. Not from ecp though, don't know how you determine whether they are floating or solid

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
      The are what I put on the last one. Not from ecp though, don't know how you determine whether they are floating or solid
      Good to know. The spec on that link states each is 2-piece, so I assumed that's referring to floating?

Comment

Yeah that should be fine. And if not just take them back!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

I don't know why these discs are so expensive now, you used to be able to get genuine BMW discs from EuroCarParts around £110 each. On ebay Cotswold BMW sell the larger OE E46 M3 discs for around £250/pair! But for Z3M/E36 M3 discs dealers want more money!

Use carparts4less, it will be cheaper from the same company that eurocarparts.

12% discount code on CP4L (SPRING12) off the standard £182 price, instead of "up to 55" off the inflated eurocarparts price.

The ATE discs are nice floating discs (alloy bell with steel pins to high carbon disc), but not exactly the same as the OE SMW(?) discs. There is a slight difference in quality if you're picky as the SMW discs have a nicer finish. However durability wise there is nothing in it, and it's more down to luck of the draw - I had a set of OE discs which were awesome and did a lot of miles including track and were perfect, then OE discs that juddered with the same pad setup.

Tony, are you going to the Cumbria show? I have a brand new set of ATE discs I can bring up for £220.00. Or if you wanted them before that, can collect.
          Last edited by c_w; 02-04-2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
            Tony, are you going to the Cumbria show? I have a brand new set of ATE discs I can bring up for £220.00. Or if you wanted them before that, can collect.
            Legend! Yeah I'll be there mate

Comment

I'll bring them up with me

Comment

Working...
              X