Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
    Thread revival...

My 'top hat' part (connects the rear wash jets pipe to the centre of the motor where the water comes through) has a micro split. Anyone know if this part remains unobtainable?

Cant imagine BMW offering it separately ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      Cant imagine BMW offering it separately ?
      I’ve not had any luck finding one yet. Tried to repair the micro split too but that hasn’t worked either. Got something else to try now - will post results if I can get the bits I need.
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Group buy?

Some progress on this. Came across a coupe owner in the US who has 3D printed the ‘top hat’ connector to repair his own rear wash wipe. I’ve asked if he’d consider printing a batch (needs to be a few to make postage costs viable). Costs would be approx £10/£11 per connector (inc p&p) if we can get 10 or so orders.
        Anyone interested?
        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

This is well worth pursuing to get a batch of of these items made. I mentioned in another post about getting 3D printing done previously for the roof rail end caps by a guy in the States which Roger (rsk289) organised and we both got a pair of these caps. I would be up for getting one of these just in case I need one at some point in the future if we get a group buy organised to keep cost down
          Suggest setting up a list.
          Ian_C - One
          Petecossie - One
          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
          1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
          X