Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Can anyone help me:
    My coupe has done 51000 miles and the clutch biting point is extremely low.
    I have had an earls braided clutch hose fitted, pressure bled right through and had the slave/master cylinders on the bench and tested and still no joy.
    I have read elsewhere that these cars are prone to having such a low biting point but mine is literally to the floor. It gets worse after a few miles once warm and I am concerned because it feels like you have to sometimes "pluck" it out of gear and force into the next. (Mostly 1st to 2nd)
    Also the clutch has been checked and looks in good order.

Any ideas?

sounds like theres still air in the system , try bleeding it the old fashioned way with a pipe , spanner and helper .

Comment

The system has been done twice both times with a helper keeping the reservoir topped right up, cylinder compressed and pressure bled.
      Just found out from previous owner that the car had the clutch replaced only 8000 miles ago so I'm really stumped???

Comment

When i fitted my braided hose it took a shit load of pumping the pedal to bleed it to get the pedal to feel anywhere near normal.
        If not wouldnt be a dodgy master or slave cylinder would it
        Artic Silver S50-1998

Comment

Both the cylinders have been on a bench and tested, no signs of leaks etc whilst on car either. I can't think of anything else?

Comment

Are others finding their gearboxes quite notchy? Maybe gearbox oil could sort this out?

Comment

was it ok before you fitted the hose ? Mine took me ages to bleed through , i had the exect same symptoms and just kept bleeding it . Fresh oil may help but it sounds pressure related to me

Comment

No, I fitted the hose after a search on here hoping it would help sort out the clutch biting point as the old rubber one was bulging under pressure.
                Maybe I will try again but please feel free to post any other ideas.

Comment

i think its an issue with no being bled properly. have read about similar probs on E36 M3's too, and have driven plenty with/without the braided clutch hose, and still even some with it fitted were tough to change gear with, and had a very strong motion to the pedal travel.

Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                  X