Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manty
    Well done Steve

I think i may do this upgrade as well, as my front discs need replacing, a few questions though

1/ will this upgrade be ok with Standard 17" rims?
    2/ Do I just do a search for Porsche 996/997 Carrera Brembo calipers?
    3/ I think i'll get the ready machined brackets, can you let me have the info please
    4/ Could i use the company that skimmed the calipers and pads and trimmed the bolts, if so, again could I have the details
    5/ why isnt this called the 'chippy Mod' 8-)

Thanks
    1- ?
    2- yes just make sure you get the correct part numbers, you can also use Audi caliper i was going to use these until i got some lambo monsters!
    these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RS4-V8-front-c...QQcmdZViewItem or these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-RS6-4-2-V...QQcmdZViewItem
    3- these are the guys yo u need
    http://cgi.ebay.de/mbt-Adapter-141-f...QQcmdZViewItem you need to email them with the correct requirements etc.

Comment

Well done Steve

I think i may do this upgrade as well, as my front discs need replacing, a few questions though

2/ I think i'll get the ready machined brackets, can you let me have the info please
      3/ Could i use the company that skimmed the calipers and pads and trimmed the bolts, if so, again could I have the details
      4/ why isnt this called the 'chippy Mod' 8-)

Thanks
      1. These will not fit under 17" rims, you need at least 18's
      2. You need part no. 996 351 425/426
      2. The company that makes the brackets is MBT Germany, the guy you need to talk to is Uwe, do a search for them.
      3. The above company will do all this, although it will come at a cost, might be better to get a local engineering firm to do the less complicated bits for you.

Give me a shout if you require any more info, or indeed Chippy will help.

Steve.
      2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Originally posted by steve1
        Well done Steve

2/ I think i'll get the ready machined brackets, can you let me have the info please
        3/ Could i use the company that skimmed the calipers and pads and trimmed the bolts, if so, again could I have the details
        4/ why isnt this called the 'chippy Mod' 8-)

Thanks
        1. These will not fit under 17" rims, you need at least 18's
        2. You need part no. 996 351 425/426
        2. The company that makes the brackets is MTB Germany, the guy you need to talk to is Uwe, do a search for them.
        3. The above company will do all this, although it will come at a cost, might be better to get a local engineering firm to do the less complicated bits for you.

Give me a shout if you require any more info, or indeed Chippy will help.

Steve.
        Cheers for your help guys, guess i'll wait until i get bigger wheels
        looking

Comment

my only suggestion,i fitted the stoptech caliper whit the spacers of 16mm
          And other consideration the 996-boxster run whit 17" wheels...
          www.fastdrive.org
          S50 black/black-red In Rome
          Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Just to let you guys have an idea of cost, mine worked out about the same as Chippy's at £900.
            Although my calipers were more expensive than his, i saved an awful lot on getting the blank brackets and machining them myself.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by fastdrive
              my only suggestion,i fitted the stoptech caliper whit the spacers of 16mm
              And other consideration the 996-boxster run whit 17" wheels...
              You have to make sure that you can get hold of brackets for the Boxter set-up, MBT don't do them, and it can work out expensive if you get someone to do a one-off.

Steve.

PS. Please note, it's MBT Engineering and not MTB, ops:

Comment

hello steve
                I before buy the kit from stoptech looking around 6 months an way to fit an porsche bbk into the z3 m
                The mtm,the guys sell it on ebay,ask around 400euro if dont remember bad for the bracket,aslo movit make it and want an similar amount...
                also in usa sell this kit whit movit bracket incluted
                http://www.ecisbmw.com/product_files/brakes/brakes.htm
                Some links
                http://www.apexcone.com/JimPowellHom...ebigbrake.html
                Now i think chippy and other members can help to much more of me for the bracket,but consider the money you spend,if it's cheaper of 300-400 £ it's an good deal and good product, but if you stay really near to the price of stoptech,go for it...
                For intrest and other suggestion,i driven the boxster s my2003 of my brother and the mine brake better ;)
                Also other suggestion,find the ATE kit,it's popolaur on the m3 round around the ring..
                www.fastdrive.org
                S50 black/black-red In Rome
                Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Hi.
                  I'm thinking to upgrade my brakes for my trackdays.

Probably next year I will buy Stoptech kit, at about 2.400 euros.

But I'm thinking also to convert Porche calipers to ours car.
                  My MC has original 17" rims.

Which calipers I have to use? 996 and Boxster S, is it true? I've found at a good price front calipers from a 993 turbo; will they fit?

Rotors: which I have to buy for Porsche calipers and 17 rims? The bigger as possible and I prefer if they are floating and drilled.

Brackets: I've seen MBT Engineering and the prices are good.

I have Stainless steel braided brake lines; Have I to change it? Which one I have to buy?

Last question: is it possible to delete "Porsche" on the calipers or not?

Help me please: I'd like to understand how much I will pay for all. If I will pay all about 1000 euros, I'll do it; if not, I will go to Stoptech.

Thanks.

Comment

We do the Stoptech kit for forum members at Eur 1900 at todays exchange rate so no need to pay Eur 2400 if you decide to purchase.

Comment

Spider

You need to speak tio Ewe Braun at MBT with regard to the 993 calipers and suitable disc sizes etc as i didn't research these when sorting out my BBK so don't know their exact dimensions etc.

The fitment on my old bmw caliper was the same as the 996 caliper i used so i was able to re-use my braided lines but you would need to check that the 993 ones are the same.

To be honest, If i were you i would be tempted to just go for the Stoptech kit from Mahaay as for a few hundred euros extra you will be getting a tried and tested product backed up by full warranty and brand new items!!!
                      Black S50

Comment

Working...
                      X