Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeler Dealers - Season 23
    Episode 4

The 1999 BMW Z3 M Coupe is one of the best-driving cars on the road, and Mike's found an excellent example to bring back to the workshop. Ant will have to strengthen the subframe, delete the fan and repair the seats, while Mike takes care of the wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      The episode is getting lots of negative comments regarding the way Ant repaired the boot floor/ diff mount on the US forums.
      I think you'll always get that, I imagine every respective car forum has a good whinge about each car that they fix up, but at least it looks like they are doing the usual bits (seat bushings I read too).

Looking forward to watching this, does anyone know when this series is being aired in the UK and on what channel?

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
        I think you'll always get that, I imagine every respective car forum has a good whinge about each car that they fix up, but at least it looks like they are doing the usual bits (seat bushings I read too).

Looking forward to watching this, does anyone know when this series is being aired in the UK and on what channel?

New series has started in the UK with the M Coupe episode due to be aired on Monday 25th January on Discovery (Sky channel 125)

Comment

• Quest also airs Wheeler Dealers, but it looks to be about 3 series behind. So those of us (like me) not willing to pay Sky for additional channels will have to wait quite a while

Dave, can you write a full episode transcript in the meantime please?
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

• Someone set up a live zoom feed for Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
              Someone set up a live zoom feed for Tony
              I refuse to be robbed by The Man
              Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
              ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
              Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

• Looking forward to this tomorrow

Comment

• Not long to wait

Comment

• Great episode if you are a fan of the show and some really good driving shots at the end. Interesting to see the work Ant did on the rear diff mount, Car also looked great with the after market suspension giving it a proper low stance.

Comment

• Yep, I enjoyed that. Refreshing to see the underneath of a coupe with no surface corrosion - benefits of living in a dry state!
                      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

• I missed it! But I put it on record last week though, so hopefully can watch it tonight!

Comment

• is it sky only?

Comment

• I just watched it, was an enjoyable episode and great to see an M Coupe on TV like this. Shame Mike kept referring to it as a Z3 and in one instance "M Sport Coupe" haha.

It was nice that it had a sorted rideheight when they bought it and kept it like that (I suspect the lack of rear roll bar was on purpose as the Americans tend to do this kind of thing when "autocrossing"), but having driven mine briefly without a rear bar it's feels really wayward.

Quite good to see them remove the viscous fan and give some credibility to running without one; the viscous fan is a liability if it fails (radiator and fan trim gets smashed) and it also stresses the water pump too.

I would have kept the wheels the stock silver colour though IMO.

Comment

• Bit of commentary here for those who don’t get the opportunity to watch the episode https://mikebrewermotoring.com/news/...d-a5i0fnSAN8fM
                              1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                                Bit of commentary here for those who don’t get the opportunity to watch the episode https://mikebrewermotoring.com/news/...d-a5i0fnSAN8fM

Some good points made by Mike.

Comment

Working...
                                X