Buyers guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c_w View Post
    That sounds pretty good, I supposer the inherent smoothness of the engine helps.

I find on my car 2nd to 3rd can be awkward on track coming out of a tight corner, engine mounts are probably past their best though but I'd never thought about aftermarket stuff due to possibility of extra NVH.
    I became aware of the VT engine mounts about 8 months ago. I had a few serious gear shift denials (a known issue with the Z4M) when I was at The Ring, and others who've fitted the mounts reckon that the VTs cure the problem. So I decided to give them a try. As soon as I drove my car with the VTs, I was instantly astonished at how much tighter the whole car felt and once I was doing some cornering, the difference in handling was considerable. It just goes to show how much the wobbly engine affects the car.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

I too was/am thinking about going to the Z4, I am sure I read comething a while ago about a common issue, I think it was something to do with tappets?

It may have just been on the 3.0i which will be a different engine altogether isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by issproking View Post
        I too was/am thinking about going to the Z4, I am sure I read comething a while ago about a common issue, I think it was something to do with tappets?

It may have just been on the 3.0i which will be a different engine altogether isnt it?
        Not heard that one about the Z4M/
        /// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

done the search again, its to do with the lifters but I think its just on the N52 engine which is the 3.0i car

Comment

Working...
          X