Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlight- is it same halogen and xenon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight- is it same halogen and xenon?

Hi guys,

Is the headlight housing itself the same on xenon and halogen? With different (swappable hopefully) electronics?

The reason I'm asking is because a friend nicked his left headlight.
    I'm trying to help him fix it at a reasonable price....

An entire bixenon headlight is expensive. And I thought that maybe if only glass or clips are broken, I can source a more reasonably priced used regular headlight, and swap the xenon in.

Is it an option?

Your best hope would be to be able to swap the lense if I read it right, by "nicked" you mean scraped?

The internals are sometimes surprisingly different despite being for the same car.

Comment

Cracked lens and broken tab

Comment

Originally posted by DrSasha View Post
        Cracked lens and broken tab
        Mate I custom fit a bi-xenon from retrofitters and the result is perfect.
        I do have a pair of headlight in superb condition waiting for a new retrofit which I may never have time because of marriage :) so let me know if you're interested ;)
        I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
        sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Working...
        X