AC Cobras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Cobras

Anyone know anything about these? I am thinking of getting one (a replica!) and wanted to know where to start.

Thanks

R

As with everything there are good ones and bad ones and be VERY careful with what you buy. The southernroadcraft and DAX ones have a good reputation but for me are a bit shouty and bling.

If you wanted an understated old school cobra then you would be hard pushed to beat the 289 Hawk:

http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/hawk289/index.html

A close friend of mine has one of these and we have done many trips around europe with it and in my opinion they are the very best cobra replicas. They are amazingly well built with racing chassis and a choice of engines, his has a tuned 6.2ltr chevy V8...

http://www.gdcars.com/
    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers SilentBob. I will not be in a position to buy for at least 12 months (need to build a garage first!), so trying to use the time to build up as much info as I can.

Looking at your pic there are definitely some real similarities between the AC and the Z3M - rear three quarters/ arches in particular!

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
        As with everything there are good ones and bad ones and be VERY careful with what you buy. The southernroadcraft and DAX ones have a good reputation but for me are a bit shouty and bling.

If you wanted an understated old school cobra then you would be hard pushed to beat the 289 Hawk:

http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/hawk289/index.html

A close friend of mine has one of these and we have done many trips around europe with it and in my opinion they are the very best cobra replicas. They are amazingly well built with racing chassis and a choice of engines, his has a tuned 6.2ltr chevy V8...

http://www.gdcars.com/
        That looks incredible!

What are the costs to actually build one?

Comment

Sorry, but I have to say that is one ugly car, usually I am a big fan of the cobra, but not that one.
          What was the one the guy on the tellie built a while back, ( you know he's a vet, and has built other things as well ), now that was nice.
          2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil M
            His name is Mark Evans and I think he built a DAX Cobra with a small block Chevvy under the bonnet. If I remember correctly he had the engine imported from the states.

He also spent 80K on rebuilding a series 1 E-Type.
            That's the guy, not sure it was a dax though, something like a pilgrim/sumo I think, that e-type was something else, shame he didn't do half the work though, and the cost!!!!
            2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Imagine having a cobra like car that could be for sale and not far from where you live... you know the sought of thing.....

Black with black interior / black roof 2 seater
              Brand new LS3 corvette engine ... stroked to 7.1
              Emerald Ecu
              Tremec T56 six speed box
              Strong strutt (front / body / butt )
              Fully poly bushed
              Rota grid wheels
              KW3's
              rogue's
              Hi Spec 6 pistons
              Diff brackets / floor soughted
              exhausts soughted

++++ some un Cobra like goodies

6000k Hid's (dip / main )
              elec roof
              elec seats
              heated seats
              elec mirrors
              tinted screen
              doors that work
              HEATER !!!! +++++ AIRCON
              does'nt over heat
              stereo
              blah blah blah

Imagine 471 BHP + 460+ ftlbs of torque AT THE WHEELS ( not at the bar with your mates ) + definate more to come with mapping.

Comment

Working...
              X