Air intake tube replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air intake tube replacement

Has anyone replaced the air intake tube that sits on top of the throttle body's ?

part#1

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=13_0448

Not replaced it but I'm in the process of tidying my engine bay up at last - mine has a bit of corrosion on the end which I was thinking of repainting, I'd always thought that was part of the fuel rail - didn't realise it was effectively for air that the idle control valve bypasses.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
      Not replaced it but I'm in the process of tidying my engine bay up at last - mine has a bit of corrosion on the end which I was thinking of repainting, I'd always thought that was part of the fuel rail - didn't realise it was effectively for air that the idle control valve bypasses.

they all seam to rust at the end, I have a new one and the small alloy tubes - I will take some pictures as they are parts you don't normally see off the engine.

Comment

Comment

I need to sort mine out as well as the fuel rail, I presume you got all new o'rings too to replace old ones Dave.
          Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
          ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            I need to sort mine out as well as the fuel rail, I presume you got all new o'rings too to replace old ones Dave.

Yes new o rings bought but they are expensive and you need 12 of them so factor this in when replacing the tube.

Comment

I will probably get mine re-powder coated and maybe get some new Viton o’rings sourced.
              Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
              ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Working...
              X