Imola Z4M coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imola Z4M coupe

As a "natural progression"(flame suit on) from the Z3MC i have bought a Z4MC....

Since my Z3MC i have had a few cars.......a 2001 911 (absolutly hated it,couldnt wait to get rid)..

Back to BMW with 2006 Z4M Roadster,then a z4 3.0si coupe,then a lovely Imola red Z4MC came up for sale...Its my favourite colour so i thought why not..

Few pics..

Good choice indeed, looks great

How you finding it?
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Hmmmm..

More space and easier to drive than the Z3MC.....Fast and surefooted,and it suprises a lot of people how quick it actually is..

Insurance is cheaaaap.....Tax isnt !!

I love the looks of it,it does turn a lot of heads wherever it goes,people are interested about "what it is"......lol..

It gets used as a daily,currently returning 23.6 mpg which i thinks pretty good for stop/start grind of commuting...

Comment

Did you lower it and put the CSLs on?
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

They look so much better with CSL wheels

Comment

Aye...I certainly did....

H&R springs that had to be imported from Germany...25mm all round.I had a set previously on the roadster and they greatly improve the ride quality as well as the looks..

CSL's were bought off the M3 cutters forum..

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              They look so much better with CSL wheels
              Completely agree, I think the standard fit wheels are some of the worst M specific wheels made

Are they genuine?

Comment

The CSL's ?

No they are reps bought off the site sponsor..

They are pretty good actually....If some genuine ones come up i would have them at the right money....Wouldnt be interested at £1200 though...lol...

Not when reps are £480 and your missus isnt the best parker :(

Comment

Ha Ha, very true

Comment

Welcome to the "Dark Side"! Glad you're enjoying the car.

Did you find the H&R springs give a better ride with less lifting and pitching at the front?

Although the CSL wheels do look good, I think the OEM wheels a superb match for the car. If I were to swap them then I'd still stick with 18" but have some with a deep dish.
                    /// Exdos ///
                    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Yes John..

Car does handle better,initial turn in is much improved...

One anomoly i have found with the car is rear "bumpsteer"..... This isnt anything to do with the springs but on fast sweeping bends at speed,if a undulation or grid/hole is driven over it can send the back offline...

I know the Z3MC was very similar,but a lot worse...

I was thinking about excess play and lateral movement in the RTAB's,and maybe the limiters where a good idea?

Your thoughts?

Comment

Congrats on the upgrade

I love the colour, same as mine. I agree with John in that I really like the OEM wheels. But I would like a bit of a rear dish, like the original.

Great pick
                        From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Originally posted by dalecan View Post
                          I agree with John in that I really like the OEM wheels. But I would like a bit of a rear dish, like the original.
                          I dont really dislike them, they are just a bit too normal for an ///M wheel. Like you say, the design with a dish would have been so much better

Comment

Originally posted by Alpinaman View Post
                            Yes John..

Car does handle better,initial turn in is much improved...

One anomoly i have found with the car is rear "bumpsteer"..... This isnt anything to do with the springs but on fast sweeping bends at speed,if a undulation or grid/hole is driven over it can send the back offline...

I know the Z3MC was very similar,but a lot worse...

I was thinking about excess play and lateral movement in the RTAB's,and maybe the limiters where a good idea?

Your thoughts?
                            I agree about the bump steer and I also found that the car would "squirrel" on heavy braking due to the excessive pitching, especially on bad roads with OEM suspension.

Definitely fit some RTAB limiters. There's a LOT of space either side of those bushes which has to make the back end "vague" especially when you can keep so much more power down with the wonderful differential.

As for the wheels, I would've swapped my BBS RXIIs off my MC if they would fit, but unfortunately, they're a 10" rear and with 285s, they protrude. Here's what they look like on the car. I hadn't lowered the car at that point and the car had just been lifted, so there's too much space above them, but I think you get the idea of what they might look like. The other wheels that I think look good with the Z4MC are the Rondell or Hamman style. I think the OEM wheels are superb for brake cooling.

/// Exdos ///
                            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by dalecan View Post
                              Congrats on the upgrade
                              You poor misguided fools

Looks great Alpinaman
                              Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                              ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                              Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Working...
                              X