Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else warming to the looks of the Z4M Coupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ANIMAL
    That’s there mistake they should have put that engine in from the beginning.
    Usual manufacturer ploy. Shift as many units as you can with an old engine design as people will buy because its a new model. Then generate more sales at a later date by offering the car with the 'new improved' engine layout. :roll:
    Black S50

Comment

Same wheels but grey this time 8)
      Black S50

Comment

I can see these becomming the un official upgrade option wheel for the Z4 MC!

I will have to look at some 19" BBS LMs 8)
        Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
        New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Z4 Coupe

Drove behind a 3.0 Z4 coupe on the M4 yesterday (in my 1.3 clio ops: ) and did find the back end rather pleasing to look at. When I got home later that day a Z4 MCoupe drove past me. It looked just the same as the 3.0 except for four tailpipes sticking out the back. How disapointing :?

It is a nice car, but the M version is too similar to the ordinary version.
          From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Re: Z4 Coupe

''

Comment

also the fact that they never sold the 2.8 coupe here made it stand out even more!

Comment

Looks great to me

I like my Z3 M coupe but have to say I would welcome the Z4 derivative on my drive any day.

If they make limited numbers as others say I'm sure this would get the same cred.

Comment

Personally, i love it, but not as much as my Z3. It is not so special as it has not got the same history.
                  Imola Red S50, as standard except for a front strut brace.

Comment

There is a rumour doing the rounds that the Z4M production will stop at year end. Something to do with sales being rather flat, BMW not keen on continuing to produce the S54 for just one model etc... Which I suppose could be a good thing for owners... As with regards to the Z3M being rare - that's true but only in the UK - try Europe where you have the 2.8, the 3.0 and the M versions of the breadvan...
                    Imola Red BMW Z4M Coupe - daily hack
                    Slate Gray Porsche 928GTR - race car
                    Guards Red Porsche 928S2 - sunday best
                    Oxford Green BMW E39 540iA Touring - daily hack

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburator
                      There is a rumour doing the rounds that the Z4M production will stop at year end. Something to do with sales being rather flat, BMW not keen on continuing to produce the S54 for just one model etc... Which I suppose could be a good thing for owners... As with regards to the Z3M being rare - that's true but only in the UK - try Europe where you have the 2.8, the 3.0 and the M versions of the breadvan...
                      It is still rare in Europe. Of the M version, 281 is the official count. I'm from Portugal and I've been looking for one for almost two years and including europe and just now I've found one, in Italia, that I will see on the 16th and 17th of April...of course that during my seach, I've found a few more but not many...maybe 7 or 8 for sale...but none in Portugal (there may be two or there S54 here and one or two are already imported cars).
                      ///M Coupe 2001 S54 Steel Grey - Paulo M.
                      -------------------------------------------
                      ----- Sporting Clube Portugal - Forever -----

Comment

Originally posted by Neil M
                        Originally posted by c_w
                        I think it takes a very striking looking car to stand out at a motor show, those that look great on the road might look average in a show.
                        I wasn't comparing the Z4MC to any of the other outstanding cars at the show. I saw it in daylight and was comparing it to the Z3MC only. Istand by my view that it is not special enough in any way for me to want to own one, mostly I not swayed by what I consider an average design.

When I first saw the Z3MC my first thought and words about it where 'I'm going to have one of those', the only other car I considered in the same way was the 8 Series. I had the choice of an 8 or the MC when I bought mine. 8)

If the choice had been Z4MC or 8 Series the 8 would be sat in the garage now.

I'd still like to put an 8 at the side of the MC, but my other half will only let me have one weekend toy and the MC is it :)
                        Neil: I totally agree with you regarding the Z4m Coupe just not being special enough. I could never trade the outlandish look of the 3MC for the boring , unimaginative (compared to the 3MC) design.

My first sighting of a 3MC was outside a BMW dealer in London , i did a double take and even turned round at the next roundabout to get another look. It looked out of this world. I have craved one ever since. (it did help that it was in black ;) ). No other car has ever come close to this however i did contemplate going for an 850 as it took me nearly a year to find the "right" BLACK MC.

PS, i think "one last look" as your walking away is part and parcel of MC ownership........isn't it??
                        EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
                        Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

I agree with David 1975 on the one last look as you walk away, did ask if anyone had been lucky enough to trade up to the Z4 M on another thread and it seemed to get quite a frosty reception. I love e types and couple of friends have commented thats what the MC reminds them of the jag. Could be persuaded to swap it for a TVR Sagaris, I think they look stunning.

Comment

Sales are apparently very poor for the UK (at least in the UK) as you can now buy a brand new Z4 M Coupe through BroadSpeed for ~£33k (>£8k discount).

That's one of the biggest discounts I've seen on any new model car, let alone a sports car.
                            Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.

Comment

I love the look of the Z4 version, but it doesn't have the same character as the original IMO. Also, I've only seen one M version, but quite a few of the normal ones.

As for the market, it was always going to be niche as its only a 2 seater. Like the original, I can see it being 3 years or so until they find their price and the used market steadies for them.

The hit on values isn't strange though, the same thing happened with the Z3M.

Would love to drive one to see how it compares to the Z3M though.
                              Cheers,

Mike.

Desert madness....MDS Forum

Comment

Originally posted by dendeman View Post
                                Sales are apparently very poor for the UK (at least in the UK) as you can now buy a brand new Z4 M Coupe through BroadSpeed for ~£33k (>£8k discount).

That's one of the biggest discounts I've seen on any new model car, let alone a sports car.
                                That's a relative bargain considering the old 2.8 Z3 cost almost that with options!!

Comment

Working...
                                X