Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passenger door handle problems

hello all

when I looked around for an MC I did notice the the passenger door handle did not feel as crisp at opening/unlatching the door mechanism to open door.

The one I have bought felt good but after a while it has now reached the same deteriorated operation as others I looked at.

Is this a common fault and just to assist me fix without any frustration or pain, is there a method I should go about it.

your help and guidance would be much appreciated.

many thanks
    Paul :-(

inside or out?

Comment

if you spray some grease into the locking mechanism on the door (that is the bit that locks the door with the body), open and shut a few times, then it should help.

i had this a couple of weeks ago as it got colder, and the handle on both outside and inside was hard to pull

Comment

it's the outside and the latch/lever flap lifts up and down easy enough but it doesn't seem to do anything.

it's a bit like pulling a cable to undo a latch but all you feel like your doing is taking up the slack in cable and the lever or door handle in this case feels like is only moving back and forth smoothly due to some spring action.

thse are only descriptive comments of the problem. Ihave seen some door mechanisms but not the MC so are unsure of eactly what is going on in there.

cheers
        all

Comment

As cxtwo said, put some grease on the door latch and catch then open and close a few times; I know what you mean by it feeling like it's slack and needs tightening up rather than greasing but this usually works. Was like this on both my Z3s.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
            As cxtwo said, put some grease on the door latch and catch then open and close a few times; I know what you mean by it feeling like it's slack and needs tightening up rather than greasing but this usually works. Was like this on both my Z3s.
            Same as mine, bit of WD40 on the latch sorted it
            looking

Comment

Working...
            X