Exhaust Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Options

At the moment my S50 has a standard exhaust save for a pair of period AC Schnitzer rear boxes.

Frankly it's not loud or raspy enough for me.

To begin with I wasn't keen on the look of the schnitzer rear boxes but they have grown on me.

The obvious options for more noise are to go Eismann or Supersprint rear boxes, although I'm a bit scared that race versions might be a bit too loud and droning.

Has anyone tried fitting an X pipe to the stock exhaust in place of the standard H pipe?

Might make her a bit more raspy/fruity sounding?

I'm also interested in an exhaust system that has a helmholtz type resonator, I have one on my 3.0 Alfa Romeo 916 Spider made by Wizard Exhausts, I've been very impressed with the fact that it's loud yet has not drone at all thanks to the helmholtz tuning. Sounds more of less like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxhetzLYyRo

Has anyone mucked about with X pipes or a Helmholtz type exhaust?

Eismann sport rear boxes might be slightly louder and differnet in tone to the supersprint?
    Last edited by urquattrogus; 16-01-2020, 08:34 PM.

Eisenman are great
    If you like the look of yours but want more noise
    Take yours off cut the top open gut the insides and re weld up. You won’t see it when it’s back on the car
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Would be a shame to cut up a set of schnitzers

Comment

Anyone ever had a Fox exhaust?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254495474237?ul_noapp=true

A german brand...

Seems suspiciously cheap? But then others like supersprint seem quite over the top...

Comment

I have Eisenmann Race version mounted, and it is quite loud. Let me know in case you need a sound sample.

Comment

Originally posted by grishin View Post
            I have Eisenmann Race version mounted, and it is quite loud. Let me know in case you need a sound sample.

welcome to the forum

Comment

I have ACS boxes on mine and I think they are fantastic. I wouldn’t say raspy, which I’m pleased about tbh but I’ve never thought it was quiet at all. I think it’s actually got louder over the years. Guess there is a different sound to each engine anyway but we don’t seem to cover that much.
              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
                I have ACS boxes on mine and I think they are fantastic. I wouldn’t say raspy, which I’m pleased about tbh but I’ve never thought it was quiet at all. I think it’s actually got louder over the years. Guess there is a different sound to each engine anyway but we don’t seem to cover that much.
                They offer the perfect balance of sound for me as well
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I just ordered a Hayward and Scott set of rear boxes which will probably be quite a bit louder. Means I may have the Schnitzers for sale. They do sound quite nice just too polite for me and I think I prefer the 4 pipe look.

I’ve had a lot of noisy cars, trick is to get the sound without a droning resonance though!!
                  Last edited by urquattrogus; 02-02-2020, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Schnitzers are still an OEM sound level I would say but standard boxes are much too quiet for a sports car in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      Schnitzers are still an OEM sound level I would say but standard boxes are much too quiet for a sports car in my opinion
                      Yes I'd agree, sounds pretty OEM.

Comment

Not that I’d question you on anything MC related Dave but I can’t believe mine would sound the same on standard pipes - it makes quite a racket in enclosed spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
                          Not that I’d question you on anything MC related Dave but I can’t believe mine would sound the same on standard pipes - it makes quite a racket in enclosed spaces.

No I agree but what I mean is the acs sounds more like what you would expect from a sports car exhaust i.e louder and deeper but the exhaust fitted at the factory is too quiet and not befitting of the car type.

Comment

Ahh gotcha. In that case yes agreed. Mine is in no way quiet under load, that’s for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X