New listing Dakar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c_w View Post
    Needs those yellow rim things taking off and that M badge removing off the grill.
    Why do people stick additional "M" badges on these car's ?? makes me want to take mine off...the Brand has been cheapened already !

Comment

Sensible question alert! What's people's views on the Schnitzer add ons regarding the value, individual buyer dependant I'm guessing? I'm looking for a car atm and would love a Dakar car, previously had a Dakar E36 Evo Coupe. I personally don't like the flippers and spoiler, or wheels for that matter. How easy are they to remove and how rare are the standard wheels as I can't find any on eBay etc.
      russ

Comment

I'm pretty sure you could sell the wheels and ACS stuff for a good bit more than it would cost to revert back to standard parts. The wheels come up on eBay quite often and are usually sensibly priced.

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
          I'm pretty sure you could sell the wheels and ACS stuff for a good bit more than it would cost to revert back to standard parts. The wheels come up on eBay quite often and are usually sensibly priced.
          You could sell the wheels /tyres and still have change when buying a set of original alloys, the roof spoiler is fixed through the original roof spoiler so you would need to replace or get the holes filled and painted (which on this car has been colour coded anyway)

the flippers in theory should unbolt but look at getting the front bumper repainted as a worst case.

The ACS parts are not to everyone's tastes but are still worth good money second hand

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Y RT View Post
            Sensible question alert! What's people's views on the Schnitzer add ons regarding the value, individual buyer dependant I'm guessing? I'm looking for a car atm and would love a Dakar car, previously had a Dakar E36 Evo Coupe. I personally don't like the flippers and spoiler, or wheels for that matter. How easy are they to remove and how rare are the standard wheels as I can't find any on eBay etc.
            russ
            Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            You could sell the wheels /tyres and still have change when buying a set of original alloys, the roof spoiler is fixed through the original roof spoiler so you would need to replace or get the holes filled and painted (which on this car has been colour coded anyway)

the flippers in theory should unbolt but look at getting the front bumper repainted as a worst case.

The ACS parts are not to everyone's tastes but are still worth good money second hand
            Can I have first refusal on the flippers if you do decide to buy....
            1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

I see the price has gone up to £24994 now

Comment

Originally posted by Ben@ View Post
                I see the price has gone up to £24994 now
                Strange move, out of principal I wouldn't buy from a dealer that does that, I'd always be thinking 'if I'd bought it a week earlier I could have saved £3k!' I can't do anything for a couple of weeks anyway. I used to search (more than once) daily for new cars but just check on here now for Daves updates!
                Russ

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Y RT View Post
                  russ
                  As Dave said, the flippers leave holes in the bumper but they are on underside, so all but one on each side would be visible. For me, the car doesn't look right without them! Stock bumper isn't aggressive enough. The ACS rear spoiler looks ok too, as do the mirrors (but I think the M mirrors are too nice to change).

In terms of value, remember these cars like the E36 were made at a time when ACS parts were dealer accessories (so official parts as it were), unlike today which could be said to be more "aftermarket".

Comment

Now for sale at £39995

http://www.ronhodgson.co.uk/bmw-m-co...ashire-6316219

Comment

Comment

I remember looking at this when i bought my origianl Dakar Coupe.

Glad i did my homework!
                        Previous: Silver s50 Mc
                        Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
                        -------------------------------------------
                        Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Now priced at £32500

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M-Cou...bea0%7Ciid%3A1

Comment

Priced now at £31k

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/list...4%26Option%3D1

Comment

Working...
                            X