Passenger side indicator panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger side indicator panel

Have just got my car back from having the sills, wing mirrors, bumper and boot repainted and rust proofed. Really pleased with the end result but the side panel on the passenger side had severe rust on the underside and needs replacing as the figment isn't flush due to the rust.

It's Part Number 1 on this link to realoem

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=41_0034

My question is, are these panels the same on all Z3's? E.g, would a standard z3 one fit onto my S50?

*fitment....predictive text typo

Comment

Yup exactly the same,they are readily available,

Comment

Thanks kwoffa, I thought they were but best to check. Turns out my wheel arch splash guard had spilt and the damp had got through to the panel, hence the underside rust. new arch liners/splash guards are on order too

Comment

I think you will find that it is the way it is constructed aswell,with many places for water to collect.

Comment

There's a sapphire black one on ebay, but my car is cosmos black...does anyone know if there is a noticeable difference between these shades?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E36-Z3...19.m1438.l2649

I may buy it and get it resprayed anyway, as the bodyshop I used have just completed my sills, wing mirrors rear bumper and boot and did a great job.

Comment

It's a much blacker black if that makes sense! Cosmos can look graphite in the sun then black in shade/darker light.

A panel that was originally black might be a good basis for a respray but I wouldn't worry too much about getting another colour as if it's being painted most of the top coat will be being rubbed off anyway.

Comment

Thanks Chris (think that's the correct name!)

I have got the whole sills and boot respray documented in photos, next jobs are to fit new badges, storm V2, new throttle cable, synchromax transmission oil, seat bushes and Earl's clutch hose. Will get a new journal up and running at some point.

Comment

Working...
                X