Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simota induction kit - clean/replace filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simota induction kit - clean/replace filter?

It's got to that point in lockdown where I have nothing better to do that start fiddling with the car. My car is fitted with a Simota induction kit, and in my 12+ years of ownership, I am not sure that the filter has ever been cleaned or replaced.

Does anyone know if the filters in these are cleanable? If so, what is the best process? Or where can I get a replacement?

Thanks!
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Simota do a kit,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Simota-08...4AAOSwPA1cOL0K

Comment

Thanks. Am I correct in thinking that the ones in the induction kit are not oiled as it interferes with the MAF?
      '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
        Thanks. Am I correct in thinking that the ones in the induction kit are not oiled as it interferes with the MAF?

Maybe worth checking with Simota themselves, I thought most of these filters have a slight oil coating to trap dirt?.

Comment

I bought both the cleaner and the oil, but now can't remember if I actually used the oil

Pretty sure that I gave it a light spray. The fact that I can't remember means that I'm now off out to clean the filter because it's obviously been too long since, ha
          Last edited by Fat Tony; 21-04-2020, 09:57 AM.
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

K&N seem fairly confident that their filter oil doesn't mess up the a MAF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeqP_1Y_pC0

So fairly sure that the tiny amount sprayed on to the Simota filter isn't going to cause much grief

Comment

I have e-mailed Simota to ask - the fact that thier cleaning kits/instructions include oiling suggest that it should be...?

Comment

Cleaned, light spray of Simota oil on the exterior, back in and running a treat... as it was beforehand but at least I don’t feel guilty for not cleaning the filter (though was done as part of Inspection II last year anyway)

Comment

Got mine done today. Filter in reasonable condition if a bit dirty. I used the K&N filter cleaning kit, and as it appeared to have oil on it when I took it out, gave it a light spray of oil.

Comment

Working...
                  X