Brake pipe colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pipe colour

Looking to repaint some of the original brake and clutch pipes to factory colour , does anyone know the paint code for the green pipes?

Hi Dave. If it’s green. Which I can’t tell from your photo it might be a type of plating it was on jap bikes years ago some type of cadmium
    If you want to paint go to a good quality paint shop and they can actually scan the. Oli ur now and mix to suit. And either give you a pot or do it in an aerosol
    Hope that helps
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
      Hi Dave. If it’s green. Which I can’t tell from your photo it might be a type of plating it was on jap bikes years ago some type of cadmium
      If you want to paint go to a good quality paint shop and they can actually scan the. Oli ur now and mix to suit. And either give you a pot or do it in an aerosol
      Hope that helps

Its a really dark olive green but as you say difficult to see in the picture, I will try and get it scanned when paint supplies are back open

Comment

It's like the same colour that BMC used to paint A series engine blocks!

Comment

here's another picture I found online,

Comment

Dave, it is most likely a grey of sorts. The automotive industry uses dark greys on lots of components. Axles we use come in black or grey and generally we don’t specify a RAL colour.

Comment

Originally posted by gam88a View Post
              Dave, it is most likely a grey of sorts. The automotive industry uses dark greys on lots of components. Axles we use come in black or grey and generally we don’t specify a RAL colour.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

I found another picture from an E30 build by a UK garage,

colour looks different to the new pipe I have which appears darker. I cant see a ral colour that's as dark but the nearest appears to be 6006

Comment

Saw this picture that Randy had posted up on US forum,

Comment

Ral 6006 looks close to the above

Comment

Working...
                  X