Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver S50 - members old car

Hi all.

Member "Ashley's" old Z3 M Coupe is up for sale and I have an opportunity to purchase. I have done some research on this and there is alot of info from Ashley in terms of works done etc.

My main concern is the Injector failure which caused some bore damage. As far as I can see Ashley really looked after the car and repaired the engine however bore damage remains.

Will this cause issues down the line?

Apart from this I believe there may have been 2 owners (maybe 1) since and was wondering if there was some more info available since Ashley owned the car.

Car will be up for £21k with approx 82k.

Link to post when last up for sale:
    https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showt...199#post170199
    Last edited by kamz3m; 09-01-2021, 01:43 PM.

What kind of bore damage?

Presumably an injector was leaking and washed the bore with excess fuel or something like that?

Too much fuel can glaze the bore and damage the surafce of the liner, as I understand it.

However, if that was a long time ago, and if a compression test is done (and compression is more or less even across all cylinders inc the problem one) then one would presume that it is all ok.

What work was done/what exactly failed? Presumably the bore was re-honed?

Of course the other take is that there are other cars but they all have something to worry about etc

If there are a lot of other strong points for the car and you can satisfy yourself then it's a whether it all stacks up sort of thing.
    Last edited by urquattrogus; 10-01-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

The car has gone back up for sale - dealership added on another £4,795 after we agreed a £21k price. Oh well the search goes on.

You are right the car has a lot of plus points and I believe a lot has been spent on it since. Im sure it will be a great car for someone.

Thank you for your help and advice above.
      Last edited by kamz3m; 12-01-2021, 02:01 PM. Reason: add more context

Comment

Originally posted by kamz3m View Post
        The car has gone back up for sale - dealership added on another £4,795 after we agreed a £21k price. Oh well the search goes on.

You are right the car has a lot of plus points and I believe a lot has been spent on it since. Im sure it will be a great car for someone.

Thank you for your help and advice above.
        No worries, I'm sure you'll find the car for you.

Seems a bit bad the dealer putting the price up. If you watch the market for a while you'll see the somewhat farcical way some dealers hoik prices up and down, often if it hasn't sold then they add a huge lump back on in one go and then gradually go back down. Another one is that it gets flipped around several dealers for a long time with the price doing a similar thing. I guess sometimes behind all of the is a Sale Or Return seller who might have high or unrealistic expectations, if it's a dealers stock then at least offers can be made.

My Coupe was bought for a sensible price and I threw in a half case of Margaux wine to sweeten/swing the deal!!

Comment

Working...
        X