• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New floor mat fixings part number 51471919171,

Comment

• Door entry cover plate

Comment

• Coupe cleaned and waxed and put in its carcoon for the next few months, due to attend concours event today but weather put pay to that.

Comment

• Will be putting these up for sale shortly,

Comment

• This Saturday 23 years ago I collected the Coupe from the dealers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              After chasing an oil leak which looked to be coming from the chain tensioner it was actually from the vanos and running down a solenoid wire and dripping on the top of

the tensioner so I replaced the covers O ring which made no difference so now fitted a new cover and another new O ring. Fingers crossed this will fix the leak.
              If the oil is coming down a solenoid wire, I would expect it to be a problem with (a) solenoid o-ring(s)m which are behind a different cover altogether. So not sure why replace this cover would fix it. Unless of course if came out here and then found its way to the solenoid wire. The cover itself, unless warped (which would mean a front end shunt) to damege that cover i.e. if any thing leaks, it's because of the o-ring, not th cover.

p.s. what kind of plaque is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post

If the oil is coming down a solenoid wire, I would expect it to be a problem with (a) solenoid o-ring(s)m which are behind a different cover altogether. So not sure why replace this cover would fix it. Unless of course if came out here and then found its way to the solenoid wire. The cover itself, unless warped (which would mean a front end shunt) to damege that cover i.e. if any thing leaks, it's because of the o-ring, not th cover.

p.s. what kind of plaque is that?
                cover was the issue and leak cured when replaced i suspect I damaged the cover at some stage and it got warped by overtightening luckily the vanos housing is still ok.

The plaque belongs to the BMW car club UK and is presented to runner up in the concours elite category and is mine to keep for 12 months.

Comment

• Rear subframe hardware (one side), 33321090951 large bolt, 33311092183 plate, 33331126136 large nut, 33321136406 black bolt, 07129900047 black nut, 33311129676 bolt

Comment

• ACS type III racing inner refurbed,

Comment

• Comment

• Vapour blasted alloy parts,

Comment

• Comment

• Look great, are these spares or have you dismantled your car

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro View Post
                              Look great, are these spares or have you dismantled your car
                              These are spares, will put them up for sale as just sitting in the garage doing nothing.

Comment

• 18" Type III Schnitzers taking shape,

Comment

Working...
                                X