Non standard wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non standard wheels

Hi fella's, so i am thinking of getting a spare set of wheels , to have refurbed and to have hanging around in case of punctures. I was thinking of maybe non standard wheels in a 18" rim , but i am a bit confused as to off sets and also the larger rear wheels , i am not sure if i can have 4 wheels in the same width and space the rears for the correct look. Finally has anybody suggestions for 18" wheels for a black m coupe ??

Can’t advise on the technical side but I’ve always thought the only alloys I would consider changing to from the standard roadstars are BBS lM or the AC Schnitzer versions on Dave P’s or Fat Tony’s, as split rims or without.

There’s plenty of pictures in the gallery to scroll through.

I’ve also thought a set of BMW M Parallel twin 5 spoke wheels would look great on a coupe as they are similar to the AC Schnitzer design.

Comment

mine field

Had a good look through the schnitzer gallery , I do like the one piece race 3s, but they come in different sizes and on some of the pictures the cars look like they have been lowered so the wheels fit the arches more. Lovely pictures, but i think its a real mine field on size off set and fitment.

Comment

If you wanted a set of 18" ACS type III you will need 8.5" et43 fronts and 9.5" et21.5 rears plus 7mm and 10mm spacers to give best offset for MC

Comment

thanks

thanks Dave thats great im gonna keep my eyes peeled now

Comment

Originally posted by sibeck View Post
            thanks Dave thats great im gonna keep my eyes peeled now

They sometimes are on ebay Germany but cant remember seeing any recently

Comment

I have a set of 18” wheels the same as fat Tony’s that I may sell. Pm me and I’ll send some pictures

Comment

There is seller on M3Cutters site who sells alloy wheels some of which look similar to the BBS style of wheels. Replicas of course but a cheaper alternative to originals. Maybe worth looking at.

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/forum...nd-styling.65/

He does get lots of business on Cutters site from what I can see.
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

wheels

rondells 0021,fronts 18 x 8 rears 18 x 10.nice and deep and show of your callipers,there was a set for sale on here not so long back.

Comment

Offset

Lots of wheels and tyres on ebay but i am not sure on the rear offset on standard roadstars. I believe its et8 or 9. So does anybody know the safest no spaced offset the rear wheels could be before catching the suspension , if i am correct we could then increase that by 20mm if we had 20mm spacers ?

Comment

Also depends on the width of the wheel. If you put a narrow wheel on like a front it would possibly fit but be really sunken in.

Comment

10 inch

Yes , most of the non standard wheels i have seen are 8/8.5 inch rears , i have read that 19 inch rims in a 10 inch width will fit without rubbing , i am finding it difficult to find the clearance left on standard wheels , i would guess a reduction of 10 mm would be ok , so an et 20-30 , on a wheel width of 9 inches or less with 20mm spacers but it is a total guess ,

Comment

I would be looking for a wheel wider than standard so 9.5" or 10" , Standard roadstar is 9" et 8 so look for something in the range of et 30 - 10
                          I am running a 9.5" rear with et 1.5 but many run et 11.5 with ACS wheels as an example.

Comment

Working...
                          X