Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Seat Motor

Hi,
    My drivers seat had been suffering with the usual slight rocking on acceleration and breaking so have replaced the bushes which was relatively straight forward, however the front to back motor seems to have given up the ghost.
    Does anyone know the part number and where the best place to get one from is? I assume they are pretty pricey from BMW!
    Thanks
    1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
    sigpic

Is it stuck all the way back? if so it may not be the motor but the worm gear being stuck

Comment

Hi Dave,
      It travels very slowly and then stops. After a while it will travel slowly again and then stop again not moving in either direction until its had a further rest!
      I am assuming it must be the motor?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Stink View Post
        Does anyone know the part number and where the best place to get one from is? I assume they are pretty pricey from BMW!
        Thanks
        I'd be tempted to get one from a breaker. Pretty sure it's the same motor on all z3 seats.
        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Tested the seat motor today and it appears to be working fine, don't really know what to do next other than put the old bushes back in and live with the seat rocking!
          sigpic

Comment

Took seats out and runners apart again, trimmed the bushes a bit and put it all back together and works a treat! But don't really know why! Seats don't rock anymore which is great
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X