Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day today....for me...

Today i sold my car !!!!!!!!!!

After nearly 13 years of ownership and sorting all the known problems out she has spent the last 18 months garaged looking lovely but not being used...so a descision had to be made... a truely remarkable car ive never had a car for that long..... Anyway...

I have really enjoyed being part of this community and had some fantastic laughs on here,the wealth of knowledge with people willing to give out and help really has been awsome, a fantastic comunity with great people something to be proud of ! As i am a moderator i surender my position and hopefully someone else can pick this up...i will pop in now and again to be nosey ! Massive thanks to all of you that have helped me...
    Mel.

Boo - sorry to hear that. Hope it went to a good home.

I had a young tech pining over mine early while it was in for a service - you really do get such a joy of ownership with them.
    I think mine will stay for another 5 years, although I did say that 5 years ago...
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Ah, that's a shame Mel - must've been a tough decision to sell. Hope you pointed the new owner in this direction
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mel, tell me you're not buying a roadster
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the hole left isn't too big!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
            Sorry to hear that Mel, tell me you're not buying a roadster

No i am not mate....did make me laugh ! got involved with a Vintage boat mate

Comment

Definitely a sad day when a long term owner and contributor sells his car but hopefully its gone to a good home.

Best of luck with Vintage Boat.
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                got involved with a Vintage boat mate
                Wow, there's a toy of contrast. Good man, follow your dreams and enjoy!
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I know the feeling brother...when I let go of the S50, I had to do it quickly so as not to have any second thoughts. Enjoy the vintage boat.
                  BMW Polygamy
                  1988 E30 M3: stolen Zinnabarot/Tan
                  1991 850Ci: Sold.
                  1999 M Coupe: Sold
                  2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
                  2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Sold mine over 5 years ago but still occasionally pop in here to see what's going on. The MC is a car that gets under your skin and once owned is never forgotten. If I was ever in the fortunate position to be able to own a fleet of cars I would definitely have another.
                    Col N.
                    Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
                    ex Audi S4 Avant
                    ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
                    ex Porsche 968

Comment

Good luck with your boat Mel and all future projects
                      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Yes, my S54 going was a real wrench. You can still top trump in the pub, though... 'here's a photo of a car I had a while back. Bet you don't even know what it is....'

Comment

Originally posted by rsk289 View Post
                          Yes, my S54 going was a real wrench. You can still top trump in the pub, though... 'here's a photo of a car I had a while back. Bet you don't even know what it is....'
                          Agree about people not know what model your car is, so often I still get asked “Is it a BMW I’ve never seen one of these before?”

So we’ll now have see pics of the boat when you get it!!
                          Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                          1985 E28 M5
                          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                            Agree about people not know what model your car is, so often I still get asked “Is it a BMW I’ve never seen one of these before?”

So we’ll now have see pics of the boat when you get it!!
                            Mine's not a boat, Pete - it's an XK140DHC. Looks great in the first photo, but the second is how it looks now.....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rsk289 View Post
                              Mine's not a boat, Pete - it's an XK140DHC. Looks great in the first photo, but the second is how it looks now.....
                              Sorry senior moment!
                              My excuse is my Virgin hub has been down for a few days and I was looking at the forum on my iPhone 5, very small screen.
                              Engineer has just fitted new hub 15mins ago.

Car will be great when rebuild is finished, still like to see pics of finished article.
                              Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                              1985 E28 M5
                              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                              X