Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good looking car

Comment

Thanks - 200cc more than an MC, 100bhp fewer!
      Should be done in 2-3 years, I guess.

Roger

Comment

Unusual colour, love the KO wires, not so sure about white wall tyres though. However it’s your car and you finish it to how you prefer it.
        Just noticed after looking closely at pic it’s LHD so most likely US import which explains the white wall tyres.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Yes, the pics do it too much justice.

That's a rubbish maroon US respray that is falling off. Original colour was bright orangey-red, which has been vetoed by the management. Original trim was plain black, but the seats now have a lovely floral pattern beige cloth covering that is growing something interesting in places.
          It's an SE, which means it has the C-type head, chrome wires etc. All matching numbers, as long as I can reclaim the bore damage...

Current plan is a solid medium-to-light grey, with either dark red or dark blue leather and trim. Hood will be either black or match the trim.

And NO whitewalls!

Comment

Originally posted by rsk289 View Post
            Yes, the pics do it too much justice.

That's a rubbish maroon US respray that is falling off. Original colour was bright orangey-red, which has been vetoed by the management. Original trim was plain black, but the seats now have a lovely floral pattern beige cloth covering that is growing something interesting in places.
            It's an SE, which means it has the C-type head, chrome wires etc. All matching numbers, as long as I can reclaim the bore damage...

Current plan is a solid medium-to-light grey, with either dark red or dark blue leather and trim. Hood will be either black or match the trim.

And NO whitewalls!
            Sounds you have it all planned out including whitewall delete!!. Are you keeping it LHD or converting to RHD?

I really like chrome wires, I had a set on a 1966 black MGB GT, it really set it off. I wish I still had it now as I'm sure it was a factory special as black paintwork with chrome wires wasn't factory options at that time.
            Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
            1986 M635
            1985 E28 M5
            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
              Sounds you have it all planned out including whitewall delete!!. Are you keeping it LHD or converting to RHD?

I really like chrome wires, I had a set on a 1966 black MGB GT, it really set it off. I wish I still had it now as I'm sure it was a factory special as black paintwork with chrome wires wasn't factory options at that time.
              All planned, just got to do it now. Converting to RHD, fairly easy as the 140 was the first of the XKs to have R/P steering, and as a bonus the rack can be assembled either way around!

It's very different from the MC but has a lot to live up to.

Comment

I've just seen this. Sorry to see you go Mel.

Have fun on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                  I've just seen this. Sorry to see you go Mel.

Have fun on the water.

Cheers mate thats a nice thing to say....will miss lots about this site but mainly the people and of course the cars ! but things change.

Comment

Working...
                  X