Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > Welcome and New Owners Section
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23-10-2013, 03:37 PM

Hey, Chris:
I, like you, always wanted a Z3M. I'm in the States (from Maryland), and my first Bimmer was a Daytona Violet '95 M3. Since then, I've owned two Technviolet '99 M3 Convertibles (still have one) and a supercharged Phoenix Yellow '01 M3 (still own; for sale). I also have a silver '79 911 SC. Earlier this year, I came across a black '02 Z3MCoupe w/ 52K miles. I couldn't pass it up.

The car was in great mechanical shape, aside from a minor gasket-related oil leak. I also had issues with the DSC; the light was on when I made the purchase, and it turned out that I needed a lateral acceleration sensor (under driver's seat) and both a steering angle sensor and rotation right sensor. The latter two were not easy to solve; had to get the dealer involved. Not inexpensive fixes, either. Also, I discovered water under the driver's seat, which turned out to be due to a faulty driver's door seal. Mine also came with a TCKline suspension, which was a bit clunky and unnecessary for me in a street setup. So I went back to the original suspension, which is fine.

I've since added a Dinan strut tower brace, intake and software. Probably will upgrade the diff to 3.46. Overall, it's a wonderful car, and it's compelled me to sell my '01 M3, which I've had for 9 yrs and over 100K miles. Time to move on!

Best of success in your quest.

Ryan