A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C

How good is the A/c in these cars.mine dose not seem to be any colder than turning the heater control to cold and turning the fan on.thinking of taking it in ,but just wanted to know if it should be alot colder,or that they were never any good from new. Thanks

A/C will drop the incoming air to around + 5 celsius degrees. So depending what the outside temp is you should notice a significant effect. If the outside temp is around +5 C, the compressor may not become on at all. Make the test at > +15 C temperatures.
    The older I get, the faster I was ...
    BMW HP2 Sport
    ex- BMW Z3 M Coupe - Cosmosschwartz Metallic

Comment

Thank you .so it may be working fine .will try it when it's abit hotter

Comment

I had a new condenser/radiator installed last year,didnt make much difference but cured some leakage,just had a new pump installed as the clutch on my old one failed and almost wore the belt out !!! now i get a good 4 degrees and yes thats cold !! my chap uses a bosch machine which is a clever bit of kit it tests the vacuum capacity..etc, our aircon is good but all parts need to be good with no leaks..i have been advised to use the recirc button so that the aircon isnt always trying to cool down hot air from outside...also make sure that the correct amount of refrigerant is being used.

Comment

The coupe AC when working properly is very good if the outside air temp is below 90F. Above that it struggles in certain situations (stop & go traffic for example). You've probably lost some freon and need to fix the leak and fill it up. A good place to start is to hook up some gauges and see what the the high side (compressor output) and low side (compressor inlet) pressures are. There are interlocks built into the system that shut it down if either is out of range. It's really not that complicated a system just needs a little TLC once in awhile.

Comment

Might take it in just to have a look ,and thanks again.

Comment

Just got car back from Sytner Sunningdale .As i didnt think A/C was as should be,to which they agreed.Well after some work and a regas,it is now ice cold.To their word all free of charge and a M while the work was carried out .

Comment

That's good to here and one of the benefits of buying from a reputable dealer
                VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Working...
                X