Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VANOS Connector, Where does it go??

Hi All

I can not for the life of me find where a particular connector that is part of the Vanos wiring harness goes...

If you look at the attached image we see 4 connectors:
    1x Vanos Intake Solenoid
    1x Vanos Exhaust Solenoid
    1x Exhaust CAM Sensor

The 4th Connector however i have no idea where it goes, I've searched over and over again yet The wire that attaches to the connector is the longest of the 4

The Car in Question is a 2000 Z3 M Coupe S50b32

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Kind Regards
    Richard
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Comment

Hi,

In front of the s50b32 engine we have at least the following connections :

a) Vanos exhaust solenoid
        b) Vanos inlet solenoid
        c) Exhaust camshaft position sensor
        d) Inlet camshaft position sensor
        e) Crankshaft position sensor

If my memory serves me right connectors a, b, c and e are positioned in front of the engine below the Vanos unit.

Connector d might go directly to the inlet cam position sensor which is on "top" of the engine on the right hand side (opposite to the exhaust sensor).

Could your mystery connector be the one going to the crankshaft position sensor ?

A picture (if the link works ok) showing where the connectors are in front of the engine under the Vanos (connectors not connected in the pic) : https://plus.google.com/photos/11351...64400707838815

Then there are some temperature and oil pressure sensors but I cannot remember now (in the office) where they exactly are.

Cheers !
        The older I get, the faster I was ...
        BMW HP2 Sport
        ex- BMW Z3 M Coupe - Cosmosschwartz Metallic

Comment

Really difficult to see the wiring even with the black cover removed, really needs someone to take a picture who has the radiator and fans removed from car?

Comment

Got to be either the inlet cam sensor or the throttle switch.

Comment

Working...
            X