No announcement yet.

New listing Estoril S50 Cat registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car is a cat d and was written off in 2007.

I have loads of photos of the damage and subsequent repair work. The car was spun and hit a road sign causing irreparable damage to the bumper, bonnet, front quarter, radiator, airbag deployed, windscreen cracked, drivers door and rear quarter damaged. The car was worth about 12k prior to the accident so the parts and labour must have exceeded that.

I have a bill of parts from the garage owner that eventually repaired it for 6k trade. That obviously didn't include labour or paint.

I've had the car for the past 8 years and it drives arrow straight and has never missed a beat.
    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

I believe the original car in thread has been owned by at least 2 forum members with one keeping it for 12 years

Comment

Come on gents. I mean it’s as simple as if you’re happy to buy a cat registered car, buy a cat registered car. If you’re not don’t. No point getting up in each other’s face about it either way.
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Most cars are spot welded together, replacing damaged metal with new metal is fine in my book. If the rest of the car is true and its done correctly it will be reet!!!

Not much difference than people cutting up classics to take out rust and then charging a fortune for fully restored car! In princple you are doing the same thing. Cutting out damaged metal for new metal.

Anyway stay clear of catagoriesed cars they are danagerous....... (So the rest of us can buy them cheap)
          Previous: Silver s50 Mc
          Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
          -------------------------------------------
          Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
            Come on gents. I mean it’s as simple as if you’re happy to buy a cat registered car, buy a cat registered car. If you’re not don’t. No point getting up in each other’s face about it either way.
            Totally aggree!

I really thought that we had moved on from this sought of bickering (you said this,i said that) nonsense...if anyones selling a car let them sell it ! no ones forcing anyone! most MC owners love there cars and would love them to go to someone similar...simples...ive just read all of this thread,,and quite frankly its boring and rather tedious...if your not interested in the car for sale just keep your bloody nose out of it ! these sort of rants and stupidness drives people away from doing anything on this site well it does me ! Just stop it !

Comment

Well said mate

Comment

We seem to go through phases of this sort of posting especially when someone is selling a car and its not fair to the seller, even though in this case it was an auction. In general to my mind unless some one is passing a car of as something that is known isn't what it is being advertised as, then keep it to positive comments.
                In this case the seller wasn't hiding anything and as has been said already by Tony if you’re happy to buy a cat registered car, buy a cat registered car. If you’re not don’t. Simples!!
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I've had to debate with an insurance company the value of a motor vs. cost to repair. It can go either way. One an insurance company insisted on repairing in spite of my protests. And that car, I would not have gone near again. This was a long time ago now but principles remain (not the mc I hasten to add). The roof was buckled after a front on impact - no airbags or ABS in those days just jesus bars. No other major signs of damage. So basically, I think, some sort of chassis realignment was going to be needed. Bugger driving that again. Plus it was Italian. Fix It Again Tony. The panel beater gave me the cash spinning a yarn about the office lady needing a car. About six months later the car was for sale (outside said panel beater) with a markup of course. Fair enough to him (I guess).

Comment

Working...
                  X