Creaking noises from the boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creaking noises from the boot

As above....my car seems to have a lot of noises emanating from the boot, creaking as if trim is loose and lots of rattles, going over bumps it sounds like an old transit van sometimes ..and it detracts from my enjoyment of the car

what are your MCs like?? do you get rattling and creaking noises (very vague sorry but difficult to explain) coming from the boot like this or is everything quiet when you go over bumps in the road?

Maybe I'm being over-sensitive to these noises but it's doing my head in...and it's a little too much 'character' for my liking...

Check out the boot floor (from the inside and underneath), it may be starting to crack along the seams. This is a well known problem.
    From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

The rear bootlid trim on mine was loose when I got it. There are a number of plastic popper/clips (don't know what you call them) that hold it on. I couple of mine where broken. The trim can be a nightmare to get off (it was for me). Couple of new poppers sorted it out though.

My parcel shelf also squeaked/groaned. Unscrewing and tightening it up did the trick.

Comment

ive got a plasicy creak coming from around the cd changer (hK)...it is anoying aswell......

Comment

Could be rear top mounts shot to pieces?

Comment

Ok...i have been thinking of changing the topmounts ! are the rogue ones the best ?and is it ok to just replace them ?i know its a fiddly job ie removing surrounds etc...but have got the time..just a bit tight on the cash front at the mo !got inspection 1 coming up...where is the best and cheepest place to bye the mounts from....? cheers all

Comment

thanks for the responses, given me a few ideas..I hope it's not too expensive to fix, I'm pretty sure it's loose trim

I will investigate when I get time. Really need to sort this. So I take it other peoples MCs are silent from the back?? really no rattling or creaking at all??

Comment

Originally posted by simon768622 View Post
                thanks for the responses, given me a few ideas..I hope it's not too expensive to fix, I'm pretty sure it's loose trim

I will investigate when I get time. Really need to sort this. So I take it other peoples MCs are silent from the back?? really no rattling or creaking at all??
                The noises could be one of many things. Best to do a test drive with a passenger that can lean over into the back and have a listen.

My MC doesn't have any rattles from the rear. Behind the glove box in the front is a different matter though.
                Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
                In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

On standard suspension my car is/was completely rattle free but with stiffer suspension, and especially with H&R roll bars there are some creaks from trim in the boot at slow speeds. No rattles in the front though.

Comment

I've heard of rattles coming from the volleyball net when it's stowed. There's a small mod which will fix this. I'll see if I can find the info.

I can't imagine it would make it as loud as an old transit van, but it might be contributing to the overall noise!
                    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Comment

http://www.tarr.com/personal/mcoupe.htm

There you go, about halfway down the page. Basivally unbolt the carrier for the net/cargo cover, insert some velcro or similar and reassemble.
                      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Comment

cheers, will try that this weekend....it does sound as if it's coming from that area, BTW comparing the noise to a transit van was exaggeration on my part but I'm prone to that!

just had a major panic when i read the 'Sub-floor / sub-frame failure!!! Check your M Coupe today! ' post, i've just got back from checking it and it appears fine, thak f*** for that!!

Comment

Working...
                        X