Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd changer pin connector

hi
    help needed to see where the cd changer connection goes on the back of the becker i bought from forum i have oem boot changer and oem radio,cassette player on my one hence the eason to swap but dont know where to fit the 6 pin connector on the becker to get the changer to work any advice would be apprec

Would a BMW cd changer work with a non BMW headunit ? I wouldn't have expected it to so I'm not sure its possible.
    Ex 2001 S54
    New cars:
    Lotus Carlton
    350Z

Comment

well i hope it will , never thought of that before buying mind you, but there must be an adaptor to fit in to the becker

Comment

I hope there is but I've never seen it done. I always assumed I was going to replace the lot if I was buying a new head unit but you might find something that works I suppose.

Good luck.
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

Originally posted by kevinx320 View Post
          well i hope it will , never thought of that before buying mind you, but there must be an adaptor to fit in to the becker
          silly as it might sound (chav!) ask in halfords, (some of) their audio peeps seem to be quite helpful and they usually stock any plugs/adaptors for a fair price

Click here to email me

Comment

well looks like becker did make an interface at one time for the oem changer but now i think its a non starter unless there is one out on ebay maybe, i should have checked first

Comment

Had an oem HK set up in my car,changed over to a Becker unit and discovered that the 6 disk changer no longer works! however the sub still does! would sujest you just get a lead to conect your ipod/iphone etc....which was one of the reasons along with better sound i changed..i was cheesed off aswell especialy because i had just had the changer repaired!

Comment

hi cheers for the replies its very annoying to get rid of the cd changer , where to i get the ipod connector ? but i might end up selling the becker and keeping my oem , but as i said becker did make a n interface at one time i was told by them but ebay would be the only place if there was one

Comment

The chap that fitted mine just pulled out the buisness oem unit clipped in a harness along with an aux lead and hey presto..ive left the changer in situ! and lets be honest here you end up listening to the same 6 cd's for ever always meaning to change em! use a pod !easier better by far!

Comment

looks like its the ipod cable then to get things going any suggestions as to where to get best deal cable to connect the ipod?

Comment

Most car audio shops will be able to supply a standard aux lead providing it has a 3 mil jack plug will fit ipod/iphone.

Comment

hi all
                        managed finally to get the remote becker ipod cable from amazon after trying all uk audio guys and it works a treat with the head unit controlling the ipod think it was about 8o quid or so but so easy to fit in to the glovebox

Comment

Working...
                        X