Boot floor.....oh no !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot floor.....oh no !!!

Have had a strange noise the rear of my car..not that loud,so decided to give the boot a good clean..everything out etc..and noticed the small crack on the boot floor sticky stuff has gotten bigger! and the metal is starting to part! yup its on the left hand side up the top....so i obviously need to get this checked and fixed..i willl clean and remove all the sound deadning stuff..so my question is does anybody know who i can use...i live in Surrey and dont mind a bit of a drive...and of course somebody that dosnt want both my legs,and has done this before....many thanks. Mel

Not good news Mel.

Can you actually see the crack if you havent removed any of the sound deadening?
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

sorry to hear that Mel, what about the place Indy used for his?

Comment

Spooks.there had been a very small crack in the sound deadening mat for a long time,,but it hadnt moved..looked like a cracked crease.but have been out on several spirited drives lately so i guess made it more apperent..it is only top left and and the two sheets of metal have definatly parted!!! looks like the shite spot welds bmw used have finaly gone!

Dave have already been in contact with Indy...not sure where that was done tho..all sorts of garages offer welding etc...but would rather it go to someone who's been there before.

Comment

I would be Interested to know what the price is for boot floor repair- on the lookout for a z3m and this is a nervous point for me unless the fix is not too wallet jarringly hard

Comment

Andrew Brodie Engineering in North London repaired a cracked Roadster floor for my friends at the Classic Car Club. It only cost a few hundred pounds to fabricate and install a new diff holder, and weld some box section over the top to make it look good.

That was unpainted, but for under the boot carpet, Hammerite ought to do!

Comment

Thanks for that breezer...this is gonna be a journey to say the least! like us all i love my car so will be gathering as much info as i can...

Comment

At least you have spotted it before doing any further damage.

I know now is probably not a good time but pictures would help others to look for the same things?

What age and mileage is your MC?
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

This is what mine looked like when i bought it, we ended up cutting it out and making our own replacement (there is a few more pics in my build thread)

Hopefully you've caught yours before its got this bad

Comment

mine has been done just when I put her up for sale. A good friend of mine ownes the garage, it's in Killburn, North West London. I will post some of the pics tomorrow.

Comment

mel, sorry for the late reply, i just got home.
                      i sent you an email with the details in the daytime, not sure if you got it???
                      if you want me to come with you, down to the place, let me know!!!
                      the same guy did mine, and nessamot's car (member on here)

Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks for the replies chaps...i will take some pictures starting now...and will try and do them thru the repair....my plan of attack will be to clear the floor of all soundproofing before taking it anywhere,as to see what needs doing i will use a decent hairdryer and scraper....
                        Last edited by kwoffa; 28-02-2012, 07:30 AM. Reason: aditions..

Comment

Well chaps ive removed all soundproofing and..i guess its worse than i thought!heres a couple of pics of how i found it,and after all soundproofing was removed!

Comment

You'll probably find you diff bracket split as well looking at those pics.

So you will need to cost in replacing that with the newer thicker version.
                            VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Looks like you got the diagnosis right, it really has split straight down that seam.

Not good at all but at least you can get it sorted before anymore damage was done.

Comment

Working...
                              X