Water in boot compartment...????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in boot compartment...????

On the right hand side of the boot,where the warning triangle goes along with the compressor etc...i noticed that i had some water in the bottom,hard to find out where its coming from? anybody else had this?? remedies?? i suspect rear light gasket???thanks in advance..Mel.

you'd better check the right taillight & plastic taps inside boot floor
    I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
    sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Ceme..thanks..and when it stops raining thats my first port of call..i am going to order two new gaskets for the lights..and...hopefully have it sorted!

Comment

When you say gaskets do you mean the rubbers around the light units that meet up with the bodywork? If so I would be interested to know in prices as mine are looking a little perished.

As for the leak, sorry can't offer any help other than they sound like a sensible place to start.
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

rubbers are expensive, £47 on Coopers site

http://www.cooper-bmw-parts.co.uk/in...com_virtuemart

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...25&hg=63&fg=20

Comment

vaseline smeared around the cracked parts, will repel the water as a temp fix till you get new gaskets.

(would have said rubbers, but along with vaseline, might sound a bit sexual )

Click here to email me

Comment

Just had a look in my parts bin and there are two gaskets and both are glued onto the light assembly - the larger attaches to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                Just had a look in my parts bin and there are two gaskets and both are glued onto the light assembly - the larger attaches to the body.
                Items 2 and 11 from the Real OEM link you posted? Seems odd they are glued if separate items?

Mine are a little cracked but for that price they can stay like it!
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Thanks for the replie's chaps...i am only hoping that the lamps are whats letting the water in! it was only about 1/4 of an inch in the bottom but seems strange as i could not find any other tell tales i;e window seal leaking.

Comment

some Gummi pflege should bring the seals back to life

Comment

What is that stuff?!

Comment

http://www.einszett.co.uk/Gummi-Pflege.php

Comment

Sounds good. Do you use it on the seals around the rear windows, doors etc?

Comment

Spooks i have heard of this stuff over the years..nothing but good talk..just ordered some from flea bay...

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                              Spooks i have heard of this stuff over the years..nothing but good talk..just ordered some from flea bay...
                              Sorry to drag this off topic! Which one did you go for?!

Comment

Working...
                              X