seat bushes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat bushes???

Chaps gonna replace my seat bushes,,,anyone selling? have looked for the guide on removing seats...cant seem to find it...need to refresh the runners too!??? any help with this one apreciated...THX

You can get a set off me just click the link below.

http://zroadster.org/product/3rd-par...e-seat-bushes/

There is a guide also here;

http://zroadster.org/wiki/bmw-z3/mai...rocking-seats/
    Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
    ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Just ordered..and read the article...cheers mate

Comment

Yep got that, I will get them in the post for Monday for you.

Cheers
        Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Comment

Bushes arrived this morning...Thank You

Comment

Great stuff.
            Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Comment

Planning on doing this tomorrow,i want to refurb the seat runners,,,,is it ok to just slide them off? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                Planning on doing this tomorrow,i want to refurb the seat runners,,,,is it ok to just slide them off? thanks.
                What are you planning on doing to the runners?

Comment

Mr P..
                  Some of the front rivets are looking brown,so a sand and a paint nothing major,hopefully will slide off??

Comment

Just replaced the seat bushes in my car. The passenger seat is now solid however the drivers seat was still rocking. I stripped the seat from the car and replaced the new seat bushes with another set... Still rocking! I am going to remove the seat again and check the welds on the base of the seat, has anybody experienced this?

David

Comment

Well had a go at removing my seats today...and am finding it quite difficult to remove the inner rear bolt of the passenger seat...given up at the moment!fronts and one of the rear bolts no problem inner rear is a different story !!!i am finding my normal socket slips off! yes its the right size but the bolt is quite shallow! tried from both sides..just a mare!
                      Last edited by kwoffa; 16-03-2014, 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling.

Comment

I've just done mine this weekend and i found that bolt just a little awkward. Have you moved the seat right forwards? I managed to get a socket on by feeling. Do you have a longer socket?

Also make sure you have rough sandpaper. The first side took forever as I only had 400 grit sandpaper. Blisters all over my fingers!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

When removing the seats, make sure the seat is at full height as this makes rear bolt access a lot easier (when the seat us full forward too of course!).

I find a regular socket on the ratchet works fine, no extension bars as this throws it off a bit and the boltheads are quite shallow so slips off easier.

Comment

Bought a slightly taller socket! job done!

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
                              Just replaced the seat bushes in my car. The passenger seat is now solid however the drivers seat was still rocking. I stripped the seat from the car and replaced the new seat bushes with another set... Still rocking! I am going to remove the seat again and check the welds on the base of the seat, has anybody experienced this?

David
                              Yep, I have this issue with my drivers seat. Need to take it out again and take another look. So no solution yet. Please let me know how you get on.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X