Got one...at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chagac,

Loved your comment about "a face liked a slapped arse". Just trying to suggest a remedy for your disabling condition.

Ian
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

It was the "face like a slapped arse" that attracted my girlfriend!
      2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

I have also got one! And it's not black, lol
        S54 titanium silver all black interior, 2001 51 plate
        good things come to those who wait!

Comment

Got one

We'll done Paul and welcome to the club ! What did you buy in the end ?

Comment

Cheers gneville ,The s54 that gav m coupe had on, just had it on the ramp and it's all looking good and driving great, refurbish wheels and change steering wheel back are first jobs, alpine sat nav, then it's off to the ring ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by chill4x4saph View Post
              nice!!..., best colour! very similar car to mine (mines done 110000), just gave mine a compression test as I thought it may be getting "loose" because of just how much faster it feels compared to my 48000 mile s50 roadster, the lowest compression reading was 159 psi and the highest was 170 psi after 8-12 pulses!, so still very healthy indeed!!..., ive always been a huge z3m fan (both roadsters and coupes!!), cracking cars!!!... enjoy!
              Where do u live? Fancy testing mine?

Comment

Originally posted by chagac View Post
                After having mine only a few weeks it would certainly benefit from a few carefully chosen upgrades in the handling department as there is a little too much body role compared to more modern sports cars, however, the basic formula for amazing handling is there by design.

One thing is for certain from what I have seen on this forum over the last few weeks there are some extremely knowledgeable members who will know exactly what needs to be done!

I would love to modify mine in terms of handling but will be opting to keep it standard at present simply to ensure the value of the car long term. In some regards I wish I'd opted for a lower cost example so I could fettle with it to my hearts content!
                If you keep all the OEM parts when you change the suspension you can always easily revert back to stock should you wish. I've done loads of mods to my relatively low-mileage S54 MC and virtually all of them are reversible and I keep all the OEM parts which are now even lower mileage!

Personally, I don't see a problem with this approach negatively affecting the value of these cars as they become more collectable. Likewise, if you stick to what have become the acceptable mod upgrades i.e. AC Schnitzer stuff, H&R ARBs, KW or Bilstein suspension etc, then this should also be acceptable to future buyers who should be knowledgeable about the MC's known shortcomings and who actually want to drive their MCs rather than just look at them.
                /// Exdos ///
                "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
                  If you keep all the OEM parts when you change the suspension you can always easily revert back to stock should you wish. I've done loads of mods to my relatively low-mileage S54 MC and virtually all of them are reversible and I keep all the OEM parts which are now even lower mileage!

Personally, I don't see a problem with this approach negatively affecting the value of these cars as they become more collectable. Likewise, if you stick to what have become the acceptable mod upgrades i.e. AC Schnitzer stuff, H&R ARBs, KW or Bilstein suspension etc, then this should also be acceptable to future buyers who should be knowledgeable about the MC's known shortcomings and who actually want to drive their MCs rather than just look at them.
                  Thanks Exdos, your guidance makes perfect sense, although I’ll likely spend the rest of the summer getting to grips with the cars handling as standard first and then make a decision on upgrades; I just hope I don’t end up in a hedge before then
                  2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Originally posted by Pauljparkinson View Post
                    Where do u live? Fancy testing mine?
                    wigan!, yeah if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by chagac View Post
                      I just hope I don’t end up in a hedge before then
                      Yep, leave it stock and drive it hard, it'll soon bring new meaning to the phrase "It looks like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards"!

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                        Yep, leave it stock and drive it hard, it'll soon bring new meaning to the phrase "It looks like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards"!
                        Last edited by Fat Tony; 24-06-2014, 09:43 PM.
                        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I took exdos' advice a few months back and rather than jumping headlong into huge suspension upgrades, changed the ARBs to H&R first. Like night and day in the handling department and might be worth sorting first to see how that feels for you.
                          S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

as always, lots of good advice and good banter too!

Think the H&R ARBs are the first thing to do and probably the most widely accepted and advised beneficial upgrade. I'll have a think about slightly lower springs too but may leave the rest stock...certainly for now.

Need to find space to get under my coupe properly and have a good nose about. Need to check out condition of drop links, etc... Current ARB's not looking that great so they're almost asking to be changed.

Damn my tiny garage! The car fits but no room for anything else!

Can anyone suggest a good indy near Cardiff...don't mind travelling a little way if worth while.

Comment

Basic changes will make the most difference, changing the stock dampers to Bilstein B8 will work great with the OEM springs, and be future proof if you want to get some lowering springs at a later date. They give the car a much more planted and stiff feel without being harsher (in fact I would say low speed ride is less harsh due to more sophisticated damping).

Comment

Working...
                              X